Find Line array plans

More
12 years 5 months ago #15582 by bee
Replied by bee on topic Find Line array plans
there are no plans for line arrays you would have to design one from scratch......

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• tarkus57
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 5 months ago #15583 by tarkus57
Replied by tarkus57 on topic Find Line array plans
Between 4 and 6 per side....

More
12 years 5 months ago #15584 by Pirlo
Replied by Pirlo on topic Find Line array plans
Ya need the (flying-)frames (or something equal) to secure the line-array-modules and set the angle of every carbinet to each other / the angels of this array.
If ya just want speaker-carbinets that contains 2x 8"/10, 1x 1"/2" go for it, calculate and build it (and ask if something unclear), but a few carbinets mounted on/beside/together/[...] don't mean a LA automatically...

More
12 years 5 months ago #15590 by bee
Replied by bee on topic Find Line array plans
i think you need to read up on what a line array is how it works, they are more than just a box with a few drivers in it, the flying frame plays a big part in there design, and with out proper testing of load etc the stack of cabs could be dangerous.

• tarkus57
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 5 months ago #15593 by tarkus57
Replied by tarkus57 on topic Find Line array plans
I understand, but I have a line array boxes, but are made of fiberglass.

But my idea is made ​​of wood, I have the components, but the box being rigid one-piece is very difficult to copy.It is for this reason I am looking designs, and plans of line array boxes, It is only to experience.I have the layout of L.A. DV dosc but data are lacking.

That is why I seek help in finding a good speakers design (line array) measures and so on. smiley20

More
12 years 4 months ago #16129 by pwoody
Replied by pwoody on topic Find Line array plans
the whole point of line array is to be in a minimum of 6 boxes a side with a super narrow vertical dispersion per box. the "line array" only works in the mids up until about 4k, at which ppoint it stops being a "summed" source in the mids and goes into being a "zone" source for the highs, hence why the need for the flying hardware. doesnt need to fly, just needs to be able to angle the boxes to aim the waveguides where you want the sound, and then boost cut accordingly as to distance.

line array is super simple in concept once you skip all the bullshit and hype etc, there is no "cylindrical waveform" nor can digital beam stearing be accurately accomplished without undesired side effects, and it is not a miracle box that can deliver precise spl to one spot. all of what line array can do, point source boxes. the "magic" of line array, is the fact that good sytems have proper dsp per box/cluster in a hang, they hang easy and fast, and they keep open sight lines in concerts.

all that being said, im still very much interested in the concept of building "line array" myself. at the end of the day its just a box put on its side, with a narrow vert dispersion and wide horizontal. the only "magic" to building a box like such is in the waveguide and in the stacking/flying hardware, however, if you look at the mini powered line array, qsc kla12, jbl vrx, mackie hda, they all are "hybrid" type box with minimal coupling betweeen box horns and 1 set angle for flying.

[/ramble]

More
11 years 6 months ago #19025 by bruno
Replied by bruno on topic Re: Find Line array plans
It exist some
Attachments:

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #19026 by bruno
Replied by bruno on topic Re: Find Line array plans
just dont forget to put a room back of the 10 , crossover point should be around 250-400hz and 1,2khz just dont forget to put a
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by bruno.

More
11 years 6 months ago #19029 by mykey-
Replied by mykey- on topic Re: Find Line array plans

tarkus57 wrote: You are right, but the problem of hardware, and electronics I have it solved.All I need, is a basic plans to start experimenting.
Ie the dimensions of a box, for two speakers 8 "or 10" , and a driver with a waveguide a 1 "or 2".
It is for this reason that I ask your help and cooperation.

Thanks

No he isn't right. With ground stacked Line array (if one can call it that) you will get less comb filtering problems with one stack and a nice wide dispersion.

More
11 years 6 months ago #19030 by mykey-
Replied by mykey- on topic Re: Find Line array plans

bruno wrote: just dont forget to put a room back of the 10 , crossover point should be around 250-400hz and 1,2khz just dont forget to put a

yeah a chill out room in case you get a headache from your home brew line array

Time to create page: 0.223 seconds