Alternative 15" drivers for X-Tro

• krestudon
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 7 months ago #15211 by krestudon
Alternative 15" drivers for X-Tro was created by krestudon
Hello everyone,

I'm a newbie in this thing of DIY speakers and i've just made a 186 horn mainly for learning, ended with what i'll not call a perfect finish, but i've buyed some better woodworking tools so i hope the next will be better.

I've decided in building a pair of XTros, but i'm not a hire company nor any other type of company, just doing as a hobby for pleasure and medium sized parties. At a first though i think they'll not have to be pushed to their limits so i think i use somewhat cheaper 15" drivers, as the originals are a bit expensive and other bit difficult to get here in spain. For the 8" and 1" i think i'll stick to the recommended ones.

After reading all threads about Xtro in this subforum and others like speakerplans, i managed to make a small list of other more or less suited drivers, but it seems i'm also unable to get the recommended P-Audio as the distributor here doesnt have it. And the 15WN76 and 15NDL76 are nearly as expensive as the 18 sound.

Then i've done a small search looking at similar specced drivers and finished with this:

Comparing with the recommended 18 sound, i've found the PD153 to be very similar, keeping aside the fact that surely it'll not fit. Can anyone tell me the width of the magnet? as the datasheet not.

The last is a P.Audio driver the local distributor can source and is the most similar i've found using neo magnet.

Do you think the PD153 will suit if i manage to get it inside the chamber?

Can anyone recommend other cheap driver to use?

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.221 seconds