Bring Back The Sound Into Sound System - April

• levyte357
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
13 years 1 month ago #11959 by levyte357
Have'nt seen official flyer or date yet, but in mean time, organising transport from London To Bristol seems good idea.

Any London people interested in group hiring MiniBus ?

Thinking about departing from Hangar Lane McDonalds (A40/A406) car park approx Sunday 18.00, leaving Bristol approx Monday 01:30

\"When in Vegas, do as the vegasians do\".

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• levyte357
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
13 years 1 day ago #12854 by levyte357
Replied by levyte357 on topic Bring Back The Sound Into Sound System - April
Congratulations to Qualitec, Ballistic Sound, Spanners and all involved.

Real nice vibe, and selections.

Spanners had XBs so not the PD force and pressure of other 2x, but still along with premier tune selection, at times the sound from the stack was just round musical sub, and clean crisp mid tops. Something was rattling in some of his cabs though, which detracted from the enjoyment a little.

Qualitec Stack and Control tower just oozed professionalism, and you could tell this was really party/dancehall sound, by the way MCs/Selectors know how to fire up a crowd, with good mic work, effects, and showoff special dub plates.. At times Mid Tops sounded clean and crisp as they looked, but Q already told me, he didn't have chance to really tweak and try the system, so still did very well.

Played some nice tunes, I would have preferred more roots though. K10 powering PD1851s in Mr Ultimate mini scoops definetly had throw (1851s were optimised in these in PD factory) but can't believe Qualitec spent all that dosh, and only really let it rip on very last tune. :shock:

LutonSoundman/Ballistic Sound
What can I say.. Don't think I'ever felt so much air movement and pressure in a room off 4x scoops.. smiley29 (The ones I lent him, and he has'nt returned).

Sub not as round as Spanners, but ridiculous huge amounts of air pressure filling the room.. Inf8MK2+PD1850s in right cabs is deadly combo. smiley34
I'm sure Luton/Ballistic will soon figure out shaolin way of getting same pressure and sub a little deeper... smiley2

Some of the tracks these guys played were just clash tunes, designed to bash the crowd, other systems and the building.. :lol:

All in all was great night, and seeing as it was my birthday, spent all night telling the missus I spent loads'a dosh to get 3x sounds playing at my birthday party... :lol:

• levyte357
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
13 years 1 day ago #12855 by levyte357
Almost forgot to mention chaps, Rog Mogale was there last night as well..

More
13 years 1 day ago #12856 by luton_soundman
Replied by luton_soundman on topic Bring Back The Sound Into Sound System - April
As i said before you should have never of sold them my friend! lent and sold mean 2 different things smiley1 The acoustics in the room played a major part to the sound as it was playing deeper in BNE and whilst settings were the same it was not as deep in Bristol. made a minor adjustment to compensate though. The pressure was too much, at times the pressure distorted my ears and so i couldn't get the mid.tops right as the pressure was destroying my eardrums! :lol: set up too close to the stack. smiley34 We left the sub amp on a 13a socket with 13a breaker/fused etc. Maybe next time we will plug it straight into the 32a outlet smiley2
Mr Ultimate mini scoops played very nice, could of easily went louder but as the drivers were brand new they needed wearing in. Qualitex stack sounded just as good as it looked smiley32 Field frequencys subs play nice off of mostec mini pre smiley20 made me jealous i didn't bring mine to play with aswell! Both sounds have a great attitude and the right mentality to do what needs to be done to keep this scene alive smiley20 was great seeing all the various soundmen again, had good talks and hopefully made some strong links.

• levyte357
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
13 years 1 day ago #12857 by levyte357
Yes agree with everything said there...

Historic night for me also, as have been speaking to Rog Mogale in Forums for 6x years, and met him for first time last night.. smiley32

Luton/Ballistic, please don't tell anyone or mention on forums who made your cabs, as the prices are going up already. :lol:

Had a feeling Qualitec was conscious of the '51s being new, and not trying to rag them first night.. Every now and then he gave a little taste of what the cabs and drivers could do.

Meanwhile MR Ultimate at back wall was saying, "Rag them up scotty".. :lol:

More
13 years 1 day ago #12858 by luton_soundman
Replied by luton_soundman on topic Bring Back The Sound Into Sound System - April
smiley36 as for seeing Rog...well....he told me he designed the amp we were using so i told him, "so you're the guy i need to speak to about a discount when we buy another one then?" :lol: but i still didnt realise that was Rog untill you told me later on in the night! Was definatly a shock seeing him down there

More
12 years 11 months ago #12967 by qss

levyte357 wrote: Had a feeling Qualitex was conscious of the '51s being new, and not trying to rag them first night.. Every now and then he gave a little taste of what the cabs and drivers could do.

Meanwhile MR Ultimate at back wall was saying, "Rag them up scotty".. :lol:

Yes Lev. I know the 51's can take a lot of pounding, but being new I didn't want to push them too much. After that little work out on sunday I decided to use them for our gig last night at the Malcomn X centre and see how one stack would cope malcomn x, and all I can say is " We need a mini shootout

More
12 years 11 months ago #12968 by luton_soundman
Kutty like i said sunday we will make this happen real soon....my boxes are ready smiley2 just trying to source 2 51's for the day but i suppose by the time we get a date i should have 2 loaded with them anyway. I'll give you a call in the week to get the ball rolling smiley20
p.s i wish i came down to hear that!!

Time to create page: 0.226 seconds