Bring Back The Sound Into Sound System 13/02/2011

More
13 years 2 months ago #11556 by tony.a.s.s.
Replied by tony.a.s.s. on topic Bring Back The Sound Into Sound System 13/02/2011
Volts is Volts, which has nothing to do with amps, so I agree with what can happen when your amp is trying to suck as much as it can down the line. Everyone has to remember that the mains can only try to keep up demand. It's easy to draw a great deal from the supply for a second or two. Years ago at the Cambridge Corn Exchange, which a regular gig, according to the amp meter on the distro, we would consistently hit 80 amps with the bass notes, and that was from 63 amp supply. You couldn't do that with lights of course, but the sound was no problem.

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #11559 by qss
Hey Lev, thanks for the support and sorry I didn't get to meet you on Sunday, Didn't realise you were there until today. Maybe next time.

@Tony ASS. You should try and make the next one on the 13th of march, Apparently some of your boxes will be in action!

More
13 years 2 months ago #11560 by levyte357

qss wrote: Hey Lev, thanks for the support and sorry I didn't get to meet you on Sunday, Didn't realise you were there until today. Maybe next time.

Greetings guv,

Where you the guy who took the money at the door !?

TB told me that was you!!! I was the big dude with black lady who asked you how much to get in!! (Typical Manchester ting :lol: )

Respects to the organisation and setup.. Perfect 4x scoop venue + mains supply.... :clap:

Tempting me to bring system :lol:

\"When in Vegas, do as the vegasians do\".

More
13 years 2 months ago #11561 by tony.a.s.s.
Replied by tony.a.s.s. on topic Bring Back The Sound Into Sound System 13/02/2011
What's happening then. Can I bring some stuff ?

More
13 years 2 months ago #11562 by levyte357

Tony.A.S.S. wrote: What's happening then. Can I bring some stuff ?

forum.speakerplans.com/bring-back-the-sy...opic46737_page1.html

QSS wrote: Rules and System Requirements

1. Each sound will have 1 stack consisting of 4 x subs + kicks and midtops
2. All music sources allowed. ie. vinyl, cd's, laptop etc.
3. All genre/types of music allowed, but No illicit lyrics
4. Dubplate/Specials allowed, but again, No illicit lyrics
5. No Bashment tunes post 2000. (ie. no gully or gazza etc. etc.)
6. MC's allowed, but no toasting and no dissing of other sounds
7. Each sound will play 2 x 30mins then 2 x 15mins then tune for tune to the end

*NB NO ILLICIT LYRICS! Means NO LYRICS PROMOTING GUNS, OR DOWNGRADING WOMEN (UNDER GAL ETC. ETC.)
No toasting means no pulling up tunes then playing the instumental/version and singing/toasting some lyrics.
MC's can intro tunes and build a vibes without this.

These rules and requirements are what we came up with so far. If anyone has anymore ideas or sugessions please let us hear them.

Tony, I know we had a problem with you in the past playing slack riddims about women, and swaring at other sounds on the mic, so none of that this time please... :lol:

\"When in Vegas, do as the vegasians do\".

More
13 years 2 months ago #11563 by mykey-
Tony the toasty Ghost!?

.......I'll get me coat!

More
13 years 2 months ago #11565 by tony.a.s.s.
Obviously not for me, unless someone wants to play on the system.

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #11591 by qss
Double post
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by qss.

More
13 years 2 months ago #11592 by qss

Tony.A.S.S. wrote: Obviously not for me, unless someone wants to play on the system.

Hey Tony

If you bring you RS2 system down, I'm sure there would be people queing up to play on it, I would even spin a few tracks myself smiley2

More
13 years 2 months ago #11593 by qss

levyte357 wrote:

qss wrote: Hey Lev, thanks for the support and sorry I didn't get to meet you on Sunday, Didn't realise you were there until today. Maybe next time.

Greetings guv,

Where you the guy who took the money at the door !?

TB told me that was you!!! I was the big dude with black lady who asked you how much to get in!! (Typical Manchester ting :lol: )

Respects to the organisation and setup.. Perfect 4x scoop venue + mains supply.... :clap:

Tempting me to bring system :lol:

Yes I. That was me on the door. Let me know when you're ready to bring a system down. smiley20

Time to create page: 0.244 seconds