Tony - Any new projects?

• smiffy
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 3 weeks ago #19724 by smiffy
Tony - Any new projects? was created by smiffy
I have been looking for some reflekta mid/tops for our rig. As you can imagine, they are very hard to find.

I wonder if you have any current projects that might fill this gap? I would rather not sacrafice on quality by choosing another brand. I mean, there are some Turbosounds around some times, but again, few and far between.

It would be lovely to see some ASS mid tops sat on top of the BS500s chop downs that we're taking off Ken's hands..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 week ago #19819 by tony.a.s.s.
Replied by tony.a.s.s. on topic Re: Tony - Any new projects?
First of all, I feel bad for not looking on here more often, so I will be on here every day from now on. Regarding new Projects, I am just finishing my new DJ Monitors which I intend to be the only ones I do, but PA wise I have my R2U system which I am doing lots of gigs with. This I believe has been my best system yet. There are are couple of Scoop things I have to do as well, I am doing a Mini 21 and a new experimental 18 Scoop with an idea that has never been tried before to my knowledge.

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

• smiffy
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 1 week ago #19820 by smiffy
Replied by smiffy on topic Re: Tony - Any new projects?
Nice one, Tony. Not sure if you need to be on here every day, as it certainly isn't as busy as SP.

So the R2U system, are you still test touring it? Any pics? I think I remember you saying something about it and 'watch this space'.

Since I posted the original post, we have bought 2 MX900s. Man, they are frikkin awesome! Ideally, we will also get 4 MX600s to use on the main stack/s, and then use the 900s for side fills. Any new stuff is also very interesting.

More
11 years 1 week ago #19821 by tony.a.s.s.
I will be posting some pics. I done 14 gigs since Christmas with the R2U system and it's in its final stage of development as a system. The cabs haven't altered, but the way I drive them has. The Amp power has made all the difference.

• smiffy
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 1 week ago #19822 by smiffy
Ah yes, I remember you mentioning something about 8ohm not 4. ie. If you can afford the amps, it's a much better way to go.. Your 7k Matrix amps are bridged aren't they?

More
11 years 1 week ago #19825 by tony.a.s.s.
No they are not Bridged, Each channel is separate, so the Amp does 2.5k @8 ohms per channel. BUT, each channel is made up from two amps that are bridged. I have just got 2 new 3k versions of the big one that will drive my upper bass and mids. These sections have previously been driven by my ASS/6004 4 ch amp. This now gives a little more power and headroom, although no more power is actually needed for these sections. I can now have a left and right rack, which I can also carry.

• smiffy
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 6 days ago #19829 by smiffy
Any pics of the DJ monitors?

I just found your post from 2010 on SP about the R2U, very nice.. Can't believe I hadn't seen that before asking about your new projects.

Love the fact they still have that old defined ASS look to them, but with years more experience gone into the design and build.

More
11 years 6 days ago #19831 by tony.a.s.s.
I do have a few shots of the cabs, I have just put the second Undercoat on and getting ready for the final colour. The thing I have tried to do with these monitors is build something I've never done before in terms of build and finnish. I'll try to get them on tomorrow.

More
11 years 1 day ago #19875 by mini-mad
Replied by mini-mad on topic Re: Tony - Any new projects?
no pictures of the monitors then Tony?...... was kinda looking forward to them :cheer:

More
11 years 1 day ago #19878 by tony.a.s.s.
Well I've got some on my phone, I'll see If I can get them on. The last time I tried unloading my phone for pictures, it didn't work, but I'll give it another go

Moderators: tony.a.s.s.
Time to create page: 0.359 seconds