bs1200 in need of some loving.....

• bee
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
12 years 6 months ago #15442 by bee
Replied by bee on topic bs1200 in need of some loving.....
a few more pics for you......

both half's of the first bs1200 now 500's done, well ish still need to finish off the grill supports, make back boxes and access doors for drivers...

and a few how too pics of the second cab being chopped in half......

once they are cut using a skill saw, you can continue on cutting them with a hand held saw, or do what i do and use plastic wedges (metal ones can damage the box). slowly hitting each wedge in a few mm at a time, then the next wedge till all wedges are in a few mm, then go back to the first wedge and hit it a few more mm, continue this until the box splits right down the middle.

Please note if your wood working skills are a bit ruff don't try this, as you could end up with a pile of wood. when you do the first cuts around the box if you are even a few mm off then the boxes will be no good..... and could end up different size's and not square. All so this method of doing it is for a fully rebated replacement panel. If you want to just do a butt joints on the end panel then the centre cuts will need to be wider by a few mm around 9mm...... The blade i used is a 1.5mm blade and is designed to cut wood and metal, as if you cut dead in the centre of the cab you will also cut through a fair few screws and pins.. Once the cab is in half, use a rubber hammer to remove what's left of the centre panel, again loads of little taps working around the box. If you are now tempted to have a go splitting yours, please dont blame me if it goes wrong :-D wood working skill wise out of ten,one being what's a saw..... this is a level 8 job......

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #15443 by knet94
Replied by knet94 on topic bs1200 in need of some loving.....
Dem cabs are looking more and more impressive. Really looking forward to hearing them.

• bee
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
12 years 6 months ago #15444 by bee
me too ken..... by the time ive put the grill battens on and sorted out the grills they gonna be wicked....... im gonna do my best to get em ready for friday, but dont want to rush em, i want to do these cabs justice. Ive decided to put another coat of tuff cab on by hand then a light sanding down, and gonna spray them up with a splatter finish. I have a very busy week ahead as we start the ground works monday for a big property we are currently working on, so gonna try and get these done in the evenings........ Hoping to get the other two done tomorrow, that way all i will need to do is the grills and paint.....

• bee
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
12 years 6 months ago #15503 by bee
a few more pics to look at, this is where i am at now, didnt get them done in time for tonight but will be done very soon.....

• bee
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
12 years 6 months ago #15511 by bee
the back of the first one is done.

the second cab is ready to paint, and the made up new speakon plate on cab 3.....

More
12 years 6 months ago #15512 by knet94
Replied by knet94 on topic bs1200 in need of some loving.....
Sweet as smiley20

• bee
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
  • bee
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
12 years 6 months ago #15536 by bee
all the battons for the grills are now done, tomorrow ill make handle back boxes and give them a propa spray and splatter finish...... and load one up and turn it up.........

More
12 years 6 months ago #15537 by crossed
Replied by crossed on topic bs1200 in need of some loving.....
You do great work! smiley20

• bee
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
12 years 6 months ago #15538 by bee

Moderators: tony.a.s.s.
Time to create page: 0.278 seconds