RMX 2450 Question

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 5 months ago #6712 by
RMX 2450 Question was created by
Just a quick question. I am also considering building 4 18" single reflex subs. If I do this I will use 4 600w r.m.s 4ohm drivers. Now I was wondering... Will my RMX 2450 run this in either stereo at 2r per channel or if I series them into pairs making 2 stacks of 8r coupled together in parrallel to make a 4r bridge load. As we all know these amps have a 2r stereo and 4r bridge capacity. I was just wondering how reliable they are at this from you guys experience. I know she will run alittle hotter.

Now it won't be spanked. It will be limited at around 75-80% power via an Ultradive.

So the big q is. Can she really cope with this load? It says so on the box!

Hope so. Has any one done this and whats your experience. I've also got an RMX1850HD which I know can safely do a 2r load in stereo 4r bridge, but this is on mid top/full range duty and not enough power for the 4 subs.

Your comments would be appriciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #6717 by nickyburnell
Replied by nickyburnell on topic RMX 2450 Question
Plenty of people get away with this with the Behringer (version). THe QSC has a better power supply so I don't see why not.

More
14 years 5 months ago #6721 by bee
Replied by bee on topic RMX 2450 Question
i love the qsc's i think they a bomb proof amp i run mine at 2ohm all the time. i have also run other amps at 2ohm like the manuel says and blown them up........ lol. I have never had a problem with qsc's just dont max it out never a good idea.....

Time to create page: 0.201 seconds