Protection problem DB amps

• nikkelbatenburg
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 1 month ago #21547 by nikkelbatenburg
Protection problem DB amps was created by nikkelbatenburg
I use two DB Technologies HPA 3100L in bridge mode to power four of my CBe-18 Cyclops loaded with RCF LF18G401. My idea was to use them in bridge mode because then they deliver each 1 x 3400 watt (4 ohm bridge). The 8 ohm RCF drivers are 900 watt aes and I use them in parallel mode, then they are 4 ohm together. Of course all this twice for stereo. A couple of weeks ago I have used them for four days long and they clip/protect after a few hours, but I dont know what the problem is! Are the drivers to weak or the amps to heavy (I personally think the amps)?? 1 amp: 1x3400 watt on 2 x 900 watt drivers. I prefer to listen what happens if I don't know what to do, but the speakers doing it great and don't sound bad or over powered at all. Maybe someone can exlpane this to me?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 days ago #21626 by dlyline
Replied by dlyline on topic Protection problem DB amps
I have the same amp but only one. I have never seen it clip. I don't run bridge mode. But i would like to see an answer to nikkel's question.
Is it better to use it bridged or unbridged with only two 800-1000w drivers?
Does anyone else run it down to 2 ohms?
I know there's a sensitivity switch also, which i changed from default. The manual is very skimpy. The amp is solidly built.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.214 seconds