berrys running 4ohm bridged!

• joeysub
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
12 years 7 months ago #15187 by joeysub
berrys running 4ohm bridged! was created by joeysub
Acquired some berry ep1500 and decided to give them a go so brought them down to a gig I just came back from! Ran 4 18" br off them in 4ohms bridged and conturary to what has been said before at various points in the night I kept checking the temps of the amps and they were cool from the start to the finish of the night!

Maybe helped that I removed the filter behind the front panel grill because this improved air flow a hell of slot!

As long as your not a clip king these berrys do the job lovley!

That's my 2 cents on berrys in 4ohm bridged and it worked very well for me!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #15188 by wafflesomd
Replied by wafflesomd on topic berrys running 4ohm bridged!
The ep2500 and ep1500 (now 4000 and 2000) seem like something that Berry got right.

We've been running X1's off EP2500's and usb's off EP1500's. They run cool and loud at 4 ohms bridged.

More
12 years 7 months ago #15189 by levyte357
Replied by levyte357 on topic berrys running 4ohm bridged!

joeysub wrote: As long as your not a clip king these berrys do the job lovley!

That's my 2 cents on berrys in 4ohm bridged and it worked very well for me!

Have heard previously EP2500 runs very well in 8 ohms bridge.

What was your hi-pass setting & music type ?

\"When in Vegas, do as the vegasians do\".

More
12 years 7 months ago #15192 by nickyburnell
Replied by nickyburnell on topic berrys running 4ohm bridged!
Funny this. So many conflicting results. Maybe music type has something to do with it?
Also, Samson SX, a quick look inside shows superior build etc. Yet they downgraded the amps from 2r to 4r capability?????
Is this just honesty compared with berry or design errors?

More
12 years 7 months ago #15194 by levyte357
Replied by levyte357 on topic berrys running 4ohm bridged!

nickyburnell wrote: Funny this. So many conflicting results. Maybe music type has something to do with it?
Also, Samson SX, a quick look inside shows superior build etc. Yet they downgraded the amps from 2r to 4r capability?????
Is this just honesty compared with berry or design errors?

If amp is built to do 2 ohm stereo, @1khz, as opposed to 20hz-20khz, then O/P devices, power regs, trans/Transformer etc will heat up and surrender at some point earlier.

Which is why QSC MX3000, JBL MPX1200, EV P3000, Peavey GPS 3400, Thomann TA2400, Cmark 2600, QSC 4050HD, Matrix STR2400 are all rated at approx same power output, but not all can run 2 ohm stereo/4 ohm bridge comfortably.

\"When in Vegas, do as the vegasians do\".

• joeysub
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
12 years 7 months ago #15198 by joeysub
Replied by joeysub on topic berrys running 4ohm bridged!
I play general music but last night played a fair bit of dnb,dubstep and reggae! They coped very well!

Like I said I removed that silly filter behind the front panel grill and that improved airflow twice fold , seem to have a very strong cooling fan on them!

Very impressed with these amp to say the least!

I also seen these for sale at £170 new! Price to performance ratio is unbeatable in my eyes!

Oh I forgot I had them crossed from 40hz-150 to cover most of the kick cuz I had 12+1 tops!

More
12 years 7 months ago #15199 by paulus
Replied by paulus on topic berrys running 4ohm bridged!
used to use these in 4 ohm bridge also about 2 years ago,got them for 169 each new with warentee,but only used to last about 2-3 months and used to fault,so used to get them changed under garantee but in the end they wouldnt do it any more :lol: out of 6,4 went pop,used to run a pair of 186s to each amp,but when workin they did really sound good,even on the mighty pd 2150s!!!!!!!!!!

• joeysub
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
12 years 7 months ago #15200 by joeysub
Replied by joeysub on topic berrys running 4ohm bridged!
I think if you give these amps respect and don't beat the crap out of them then they will give u some good service!

Time to create page: 0.231 seconds