hz sb600

More
13 years 6 months ago #9868 by jay
hz sb600 was created by jay
does anyone know what drive unit is best to use in this cab ? standard unit is a 18" dual coil. cant re cone original because the cone and basket are damaged smiley19 dropped a lighting stand through it smiley19

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #9962 by djeddie
Replied by djeddie on topic hz sb600
Only just noticed the question.
The original driver was a dual coil version of the Fane XB or B series, can't remember which sorry. The main difference was it didn't have the heatsink assembly stuck on the magnet, instead it had two holes countersunk for the small metal bracket to stop the cabinet vibrating.
Recones are still available, in fact I was chatting with Dave (the original designer of the cab) about these as he had a pair in his workshop waiting for reconing.
Another driver that might work is the Fane Soveriegn 18-800, it's not a dual coil version but the T/S parameters are very similar to the 18XB and it hasn't got the heatsink on it - it hasn't got the countersunk holes though.
I've got to see Dave about another matter over the next week or so, and I'll ask what the recones would cost and post it once I know.
Hope that helps.

More
13 years 4 months ago #10634 by jay
Replied by jay on topic hz sb600

djeddie wrote: Only just noticed the question.
The original driver was a dual coil version of the Fane XB or B series, can't remember which sorry. The main difference was it didn't have the heatsink assembly stuck on the magnet, instead it had two holes countersunk for the small metal bracket to stop the cabinet vibrating.
Recones are still available, in fact I was chatting with Dave (the original designer of the cab) about these as he had a pair in his workshop waiting for reconing.
Another driver that might work is the Fane Soveriegn 18-800, it's not a dual coil version but the T/S parameters are very similar to the 18XB and it hasn't got the heatsink on it - it hasn't got the countersunk holes though.
I've got to see Dave about another matter over the next week or so, and I'll ask what the recones would cost and post it once I know.
Hope that helps.

cheers for advice eddie. got my hands on a fane collosus xb, had to modify cab slightly to allow for extra outer edge on basket but it works and sounds as good as original drive unit. in fact i think it sounds more punchy and seems to have a lot more control when pushed and not boomy or flappy like original unit did. once again many thanks.

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds