Indian Low Frequency Driver! Wht do u think ?

• ganeshaa
  • Topic Author
More
14 years 4 months ago #6963 by ganeshaa
allright,

Here goes.My first time here and t looks like im exactly where i want to be and i hope you guys can help me out.
So wht i have here is the link to a company in India, where im from, Ive gone through their entire range and these Low frequency Drivers really caught my attention with their characterisitics and besides the company making them is well known and respected atleast locally.
Getting back to the question though..
What do u guys think about it. Im considering using them for my first ever build.
Maybe a set of folded horns to which i would later like to add a pair of subs and a pair of midtops.
Hope some of u can shed some light on which path i shud take for my first build (These - ahujaradios.com/Productdetail.as ... 7&sc_id=48 or go with P.audio drivers).

Cheeers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #6964 by tony.a.s.s.
Replied by tony.a.s.s. on topic Indian Low Frequency Driver! Wht do u think ?
If your dealing with an unknown quantity, then stick with what you know. When I was into mass production with speakers, I used to buy most speakers on the market, just so that I could keep up with things. Most people can't afford to do that. If you want to experiment, then give them a go. If you only want to build some cabs that you know will work from day one, then stick with better known speakers.

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

• ganeshaa
  • Topic Author
More
14 years 4 months ago #6966 by ganeshaa
Replied by ganeshaa on topic Indian Low Frequency Driver! Wht do u think ?
Thanks for looking into this. Ive decided im gonna give these a shot in a folded horn kinda design. Just have to decide which design and if theres any you could maybe suggest based on these speaker characteristics id really appreciate it. I was also wondering wether this speaker woul be a good candidate for a G sub and if i were to pair a G Sub with a pair of folded horns wht would be the best design to complete the rig (Mid Tops + HowMany) for a nice Deep and warm sounding Indoor setup for a small club tht plays quite a bit of Electronica/ House / Prog/ pSytrance with the occasional live gig thrown in.

Thanks a lot
Ankit

More
14 years 4 months ago #6979 by bee
it looks like on paper to be an ok speaker 29bl 31fs, low qts, the chassis looks like a common design, jbl, turbomax etc. I would use this in a folded horn type box. I say give it a go, let us now how it performs.....

More
14 years 4 months ago #7005 by nickyburnell
Replied by nickyburnell on topic Indian Low Frequency Driver! Wht do u think ?
At least they're not claiming 2000 watts or something. How much do they cost?

• ganeshaa
  • Topic Author
More
14 years 4 months ago #7013 by ganeshaa
Replied by ganeshaa on topic Indian Low Frequency Driver! Wht do u think ?

nickyburnell wrote: At least they're not claiming 2000 watts or something. How much do they cost?

They dont cost much at all. The MRP Here is about 98 GBP so i suppose they will only be cheaper when bought in numbers. But as some ppl more knowledgable have mentioned that manufacturers can easily cut cost by using cheaper glues/ materials etc. im a lil weary now. Maybe when i have enough experience ill try messing around with these. As they do look good on paper :)
As for now im thinking what would the best drivers be for the below mentioned cabs.

1)USBs
2)HD15s or ES18s
3)MT122/121

Thank you in advance guys

Cheers :)

More
14 years 4 months ago #7114 by ravs

ganeshaa wrote:

nickyburnell wrote: At least they're not claiming 2000 watts or something. How much do they cost?

They dont cost much at all. The MRP Here is about 98 GBP so i suppose they will only be cheaper when bought in numbers. But as some ppl more knowledgable have mentioned that manufacturers can easily cut cost by using cheaper glues/ materials etc. im a lil weary now. Maybe when i have enough experience ill try messing around with these. As they do look good on paper :)
As for now im thinking what would the best drivers be for the below mentioned cabs.

1)USBs
2)HD15s or ES18s
3)MT122/121

Thank you in advance guys

Cheers :)

hi ankit,

where are you located,you will find p.audio drivers in bhagirath palace delhi.
models are sd18,2241 for around 6500 rs.give them a try and there is also another band a-plus.

ravs

be a vegeterian......

Time to create page: 0.209 seconds