Void V18 1200 reflex cab Advice!

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 5 months ago #6677 by
Hi guys. Well I am considering buying a pair of Void V18 1200 as the title says. I want to put them into single reflex cabs, but am not sure of the size of cab required. A friend did show me a design for a reflex with 4 triangle corner ported design, but did not have the dimensions. I would like too keep this style of design. Also what length should I make the 4 triangle corner ports?

The idea is I want these to play as low as poss. i.e. in the 30's of Hz. Crossed over around 80 - 110 at the most. The will be used on my disco so will be playing a multitude of different things.

So guys you are the guru's any ideas?

Many thanks

Billy:)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #6681 by nickyburnell
Replied by nickyburnell on topic Void V18 1200 reflex cab Advice!
I owned a pair of these in Mini Scoops. Sold them, replaced with PD1850 and the difference was astounding. The same cabs are now owned by BP Sound and have Turbo Max in them, again major difference. It seems the V1200 forte is a big reflex, download winisd or similar and try to learn to model them, I would do this for you with pleasure but it's no secret I don't like Void, it's personal thats all, so I'll pass. I will add though, make very sure your supplier promises that re-cones will be available at all times. That aside, I think you will easily get your 30hz, probably better than most, if not the most efficient. Thing is why do you want 30hz for a disco? 40hz tuning a lot more sensible for a general disco I would have thought? Best simple reflex cab is on the B&C site, add some nice B&C drivers from Tony ASS on here and you're laughing and will have the benefit of his excellent customer support should you need a recone

www.bcspeakers.com/suggested.php?id=0000000008

www.bcspeakers.com/product.php?id=0000000001

PS. PD186 drivers also work well in this cab

More
14 years 5 months ago #6682 by Tony Wilkes
Replied by Tony Wilkes on topic Void V18 1200 reflex cab Advice!
Can do you a pair of BMS 18N850,s at a good price, brand new box unopened, 12 month guarantee. Complete with a working drawing for a 140L reflex.

www.bmspro.info/18N850v2.bms_18n ... fer.0.html

Tony

p.s. sorry to hi-jack the thread

More
14 years 5 months ago #6688 by nickyburnell
Hijack 2. No reply anyhow..
What are those drivers like? 95db seems very low?
Thanks

More
14 years 5 months ago #6689 by Tony Wilkes
Replied by Tony Wilkes on topic Void V18 1200 reflex cab Advice!
Nick,

If you have a look at all drivers with this low an Fs plus the large Xmax they all have around the 95-96 db/watt figure. Where you gain it back is that they require very little in the way of EQ to boost the bass. If you compare say a PD1850 it would require loads of EQ to get it flat at 35hz where as the BMS would be basically flat to this frequency.

The BMS is very similar to the Void V1200 in its specs but has slightly higher Xmax.

Tony

More
14 years 5 months ago #6691 by nickyburnell
Thanks smiley20

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 5 months ago #6704 by
Replied by on topic Void V18 1200 reflex cab Advice!
So any ideas on the length of the ports guys? I have WINisd, but it won't let me store the V18 1200 details in to make a plan. Damn! Help would really be appriciated!

Will:)

Time to create page: 0.192 seconds