Re-coning PD1550

• Jamie_lfo
  • Topic Author
More
14 years 10 months ago #6126 by Jamie_lfo
Re-coning PD1550 was created by Jamie_lfo
We have decided to undertake the job of re-coning some pd1550's for the first time and was wondering what the best glues were suitable for the job? Also we discovered one of the voice coils did not have coherent damage as it appeared to be not dis-coloured like the others but looked like a contact short, there were two hot spots by the magnet to the OPPOSITE side to the were the voice coil shorted, which we are kind of thinking eliminates any movement of the magnet. could this be a manafacturing fault or is this due to magnet movement? :think: any help would be greatly welcomed smiley1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #6127 by chaudio
Replied by chaudio on topic Re-coning PD1550
If the cone still moves freely in the gap and when you take the cone out, the gap is equal all of the way round then the magnet is fine. Make sure you clean the gap (some kind of sticky tape is good) before reconing in any case.

Personally I use Evostick or similar contact adhesive for attaching the spider and suspension to the chassis. Again, you need to clean back to bare metal before the recone. It's the cleaning up that takes the time, not sticking the new cone in!

For sticking the dust cap on, I've been using UHU general purpose (the yellow bottles/tubes) for cone repairs which seems to work well.

Other people will have their own preferences, some use epoxy instead of contact adhesive. I like evostick because it's quick and easy but you do have to make sure you get it right first time. Not difficult if you have put the shims in the gap around the voice coil.

• Jamie_lfo
  • Topic Author
More
14 years 10 months ago #6131 by Jamie_lfo
Replied by Jamie_lfo on topic Re-coning PD1550
Thanks chris smiley20

Time to create page: 0.253 seconds