file RCF LF15 X401 - Cubo 15 or what better

8 years 5 months ago #23018 by Housexy
Good day all,

Let me rant first....all my attempts to get any LF drivers in SA have be so shyte it is unreal. I wanted to build Cubo15's using the Fane Colossus Prime 15XB but that's not possible coz the supplier cocked up and there is no stock & they not bringing it into the country any more.

My local dealer has advised me that there maybe a possibility that the RCF LFX401, will be coming into SA in a few weeks.

Currently I am moving around a pair of Cerwin Vega CVA 121 active bass bins which are 90kg's. I am willing to ditch active & move onto passive systems.

I am looking for something more or less compact & light, but that will still give some serious low bass. Can it work in a Cubo 15

If compactness might not work, what is the suggested plan for this sort of driver.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 5 months ago #23021 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic RCF LF15 X401 - Cubo 15 or what better
Rant received, the Colossus Prime and LF15X401 are pretty similar drivers, nothing lost there.

They're both very much sub drivers though and Cubo 15 focusses on 35-ish, although officially 40 Hz and up. The RCF will also work in Cubo Sub (will weight around 70 kg loaded) but will do that 30 Hz just as well as the CV does. Cubo 15 will weight unloaded about the same as the 18 mm sheet, you will cut it from, so a lot lighter but you might miss that lower oemphh...though it will be definitely just as loud as the CV, if not louder.

Best regards

Cubo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.