file Reflex Drivers Help

12 years 1 month ago #16549 by sweetvibes-inc
Reflex Drivers Help was created by sweetvibes-inc
Hi All,

I am new to this site so please be patient!

I have 2 18"Fane XB reflexes and would like the addition of another two reflexes but; I would like a driver that is a bit more hard hitting. I am thinking about:

Void 1000 (New)
Void 1200 (Used)
P-Audio SD18-1700EL (New)
P-Audio P-Audio C18-600LF Mk2 1200
Fane SB (New)
PD1850 (Used)
PD186 (New)

I have chosen these drivers as they all have a voice coil larger than 4"

Plus I am on a tight budget.

Not too much technical terms as I have not got to grips with what all the Small Parameters means so, keeping it simple would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #16551 by joeysub
Replied by joeysub on topic Reflex Drivers Help
As you stated in your post u have allready 2 xbs I would just get another set as mixing different driver on the same frequency is not really a good idea!

4 xbs should hit quite nice!

12 years 1 month ago #16556 by sweetvibes-inc
Replied by sweetvibes-inc on topic Reflex Drivers Help
Hi Mate many thanks for your advice. In hindsight I did not explain myself properly. I use an active crossover and would like to run 2x 18’s on sub duty and 2 on mid bass. Is you suggestion still the same?

12 years 1 month ago #16561 by joeysub
Replied by joeysub on topic Reflex Drivers Help
Right ok , there plenty if kick bin plans on here and the net! Most of them are 15" with the exception of the Es18bph Which is an eighteen! But to be honest with the sort of drivers you are looking at you could get four fairly decent 15" and have 2x15" reflex cabs for kick! Could make for a very versitile system! Or take a one of your suggested driver and put it in the a box tuned about 70-80hz!

18" reflex isn't the best thing for kick to be honest , I would go for the 15" reflex personally!

You have a few choices!