Re-coning, a quick way.

• tony.a.s.s.
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 1 month ago #11920 by tony.a.s.s.
Re-coning, a quick way. was created by tony.a.s.s.
I have always used various glues over the years for re coning. Some used to be supplied until shipping certain chemicals was stopped. Anyway, today I had to do a quick one, an 18 that would have to back the same day. When it come to the spider, I decided that I would have to have a quick result. So I used one of the Super glues. With a lot of the other things I get involved in, we use all sorts of different glues, and with Super glue we use an activator. These things are usually sold as Mitre kits.
With a spider, it's sometimes hard to hold down while it's going off, and then when it's finally stuck I usually wait until the next day to test. This time the super glue went on followed by the activator. It bonded straight away, and within ten minutes I was giving the speaker 20hz at full tilt. The spider was unmovable.
I just thought I would pass this on. There has always been mention of different glues being used, but I don't remember Super glue with activator being mentioned.
Of course it's possible that someone has already done this, but this will be my method from now on.

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #11924 by MAutopsy
Replied by MAutopsy on topic Re-coning, a quick way.
i have used off the shelf super glue to stick the spiders back down for a long time. Glad im not the only one. smiley20

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds