file Vintage sound systems.

15 years 9 months ago #986 by calsystems
Vintage sound systems. was created by calsystems
Section for Old sound system photos, and modern photos of Vintage gear.

Old martin hf flares. just been resprayed.

Rupe's 215's (before)

Cue after photo...Rupe!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 9 months ago #1426 by jbl_man
Replied by jbl_man on topic Vintage sound systems.
I see you bought the 2x Martin ladyshaves on Ebay Dave..that was a good price as well,they look in reasonable condition.....the guy seemed to have loads of random old but good gear there.

Be seeing you.

15 years 9 months ago #1427 by tony.a.s.s.
Replied by tony.a.s.s. on topic Vintage sound systems.
Hi Ian, Just noticed your avitar. As a matter of interest, how much ASS gear have you now got? And how much of it is in active use doing gigs?

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

15 years 9 months ago #1436 by jbl_man
Hi Tony....emmm....there is now 18x 215`s,comprising of mostly your concert series 215`s,with a pair of the mx1200 as well........mids,there is 4 of your 212 concert mids (i need some more of those) andfour other mids,4560`s,etc....2 inch hf..have 10 of those,on a mixture of your radial horns and lensesand old JBL lenses....vhf...is 6 of those,1",again some on your horns,some on old jbl 2345`s..and 14 bullets/slots...about 42 cabs in total,if i can count.......its virtually never used as a total system,i just use various combinations of it,sort of mix n match!.....the same with the amps Tony,there is about 20 at last count,mostly old Citronic ppx`s and vintage studiomaster`s and the odd HH.....should open a museum really.......

Be seeing you.

15 years 9 months ago #1439 by calsystems
Replied by calsystems on topic Vintage sound systems.

JBL_man wrote: I see you bought the 2x Martin ladyshaves on Ebay Dave..that was a good price as well,they look in reasonable condition.....the guy seemed to have loads of random old but good gear there.

Not too bad. Will have to see what drivers i can put in them thou. Probably have to get some more ATCs reconed.
Abit more than i was hoping for
(only paid £350 for the whole fr3 system ive got) but im happy enough. its abit hard to find them so was surprised when i found them. alex managed to get one of the BGW's so now he has a silly amount of them.
Still trying to convince him to setup everything he has. he must have atleast 40 philishaves!

Ian i think you should sell those 215mk3's you have and get more ASS stuff! [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]
Edited by: CalSystems

15 years 9 months ago #1443 by jbl_man
I saw the BGW`s Dave....i wasnt that impressed with the 750 i had,but i guess Alex just wanted to keep all his stuff matching,which i can understand.
Didnt you fancy the matching Martin radials? By the way,did you spot the pair of Mega of London /atc 10inch mid cabs the seller had? they went for 160quid,and looked very tidy too.....

Be seeing you.

15 years 9 months ago #1446 by arksystems
Replied by arksystems on topic Vintage sound systems.
I fancied those midsas well!That guy had some cool stuff,wonder what he was using on bass?And is it gonna be for sale soon!
Edit: why its in big letters?oh I see...Edited by: ArkSystems

Dave Martin is alive and living in my kitchen.

15 years 9 months ago #1448 by calsystems
he has already sold alot. seems to be listing similar items at once.
i had a go on the radials but they went to high!
the BGWs are alright. i think he has 30 gta's so it makes sense keeping them all the same. once they are warm they sound lovely.
i did see the mega wedges, but im sorted for monitors so decided against them

15 years 9 months ago #1454 by jbl_man
These were the Mega 10" mids....they looked nice.
cgi.ebay.co.uk/Two-x-ATC-Flared-Mid-Cabi...QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

You have to laugh at the seller`s name...do you think he is a gentleman of ample proportions?

Be seeing you.

15 years 9 months ago #1456 by calsystems
i was thinking of the mega monitors he had.
yea i had ago on the 10" atc mids. but only been apair, and probably never get anymore it wasnt work it. ive Got some 10" atcs thou.
i had ago on the Red hf flares too but again, too much.
i will be going to pick up next week, so will see what else he has.