• Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
14 years 3 months ago #7212 by nickyburnell
EV T18 was created by nickyburnell
Oh dear
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #7213 by b.p.sound
Replied by b.p.sound on topic EV T18
Which way round is the driver in this plot ? ? ?

??????????????????

• nickyburnell
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
14 years 3 months ago #7214 by nickyburnell
Replied by nickyburnell on topic EV T18
This is the actual EV plot with the driver facing magnet out.
Back when we copied these 100hz was actually in a lot of tunes (Seduction etc). Winding the bass up on a Citronic SM450 or 350 was 100hz as the bass and treble on these was 100hz and 10k.
Oh my how times have changes since 88.
Looked at the plot for the Court 2 x 15 W bins, these are actually in the Emmi book, also pretty poor below 70hz, as were the 18" W bins like the JBL ones that were all over Ibiza back then.
Seems bass really has been replaced by sub over the last decade. I can remeber my TWO T18's loaded with the old B Lines facing cone out completly blowing away all Darryl Haydens Gauss loaded Martin stuff in Slough Centre. We cranked them up and the boys setting up couldn't believe it was just those two. Likewise Langly did the whole place on six. I can see now that the music was full of bass, not sub and that we were getting a very efficient 100 to 150hz.
No wonder Mr Mogales X1's etc became so popular....pushing the envelope way past EV, Martin et all at the time.
If I had the money, lottery win, I think I would be very tempted to go completly reflex, probably Opus. They are such nice people as well.

Time to create page: 0.225 seconds