2 x 15\" reflex cab

• heathrow_b_line
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
15 years 8 months ago #3058 by heathrow_b_line
2 x 15\" reflex cab was created by heathrow_b_line
I need a bass small enough to fit into my car. I am looking at double 15" as i have some pd1550's about and think it will give a good spl in a small package.

Recently had a look at some martin 2 x 18" in ministry of sound so will probably copy that format and that method of porting to build a super small super loud bin!

Thats what i am hoping anyway!!!

Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 8 months ago #3071 by tony.a.s.s.
Replied by tony.a.s.s. on topic 2 x 15\" reflex cab
Are you going to calculate anything. If you have access to bass box it will be easy.

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

• heathrow_b_line
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
15 years 8 months ago #3074 by heathrow_b_line
Replied by heathrow_b_line on topic 2 x 15\" reflex cab
I use winisd as i find it easy to use, that combined with CAD to calculate the volumes makes it a relatively quick and easy process.

I am making the bass bins a certain size to match my existing Celestion SR1 speakers so that if needed they can be pole mounted to be used for general playback, in bigger gigs i think i could use them as fills but use a super short pole rather then a long one.

I have to measure the SR1 speakers up, but i am aiming for a cab that is roughly 500mm wide, 800mm tall and 600 to 700mm deep. The ports will be trianglular like those on the martin 2 x 18" to save space

Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.

More
15 years 8 months ago #3105 by chaudio
Replied by chaudio on topic 2 x 15\" reflex cab
Yup, have built many 2x15 reflex cabs around that size. Tuning to around 45Hz usually works well but the PD1550 isn't really a reflex driver is it? Triangular ports add some very useful bracing to the cab too....

Time to create page: 0.246 seconds