Bass Guitar 15 inch cab

• jamaicajed
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #24119 by jamaicajed
Bass Guitar 15 inch cab was created by jamaicajed
I want to build a 15 inch cab that is small and would be good for my Ampeg 1000W 7PRO amp. Is a ported reflex the best for this? I would love to find a cab that gives better performance than that.

What cab should I make?
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by jamaicajed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #24125 by tkroeker
Replied by tkroeker on topic Bass Guitar 15 inch cab
Bass Reflex would be the best option. Most are using a 15 and possibly a tweeter. Bass reflex usually has a deeper warmth and not a long throw like horn loaded designs. If you want longer throw you would get mic'd into the PA.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jamaicajed

• jamaicajed
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 5 months ago #24127 by jamaicajed
Replied by jamaicajed on topic Bass Guitar 15 inch cab
Thank you very much tkrowker! I kind of thought this because just about every bass cab made for guitar is a bass reflex. There were some W bins that were made in the 60's and I aways loved that design. I get what you are saying. I live in Jamaica and some time I play with out a PA. That is why I was thinking about something else. Perhaps I could use two types of cabs? I would not mind 2 8 ohm cabs that I could play one at a time for 600W or both together for a 4 ohm load for the full KW.

Is this feasible? If yes, what type of speaker would compliment the bass reflex the best?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give in addition to you great response earlier.

More
6 years 5 months ago #24128 by tkroeker
Replied by tkroeker on topic Bass Guitar 15 inch cab
the scoops and W bins are designed to provide a chest thumping Kick drum effect and to throw farther. The bass reflex design has a boomier low end sound. It depends on how far you need to reach. Some 15s and 18s will not do well in a W or Scoop. The Eminence Omega Pro series does well in those designs.

putting multiple 15 bass reflex cabinets together will "couple" and keep more volume as it reaches farther.

Im an old addict to the W bins so feel free to try one. It is easier to sell the other bass reflex cabinets if the day comes that you don't need that much lol
The following user(s) said Thank You: jamaicajed

• jamaicajed
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 5 months ago #24129 by jamaicajed
Replied by jamaicajed on topic Bass Guitar 15 inch cab
Thanks again. If I was to build a bass reflex and an additional cab, I was looking at a modified Cubo 15. I read if you made them a bit more narrow they are good for bass. Plus they are smaller than a W bin. I defiantly want two cabs. Do you think a model Cubo 15 would be a good match? Both using the E 3015.

Time to create page: 0.213 seconds