Mid-Bass Cabinet

More
7 years 2 months ago #23775 by Lino
Mid-Bass Cabinet was created by Lino
HI all!

After building 4 Cubo 18 and a couple of Mt-130 we want to continue with our Sound System.
We need a cabinet inbetween our cubos and the Mt130. Lets say from 80Hz till 350-400Hz.
My idea was to build a couple of simple BR, but im having problems... hope you could help me.

While trying to design my BR, im playing with 3 parameters (Volume, BR Length & Diameter, Tunning Freq).
The only fixed parameters are that the Freq Tunning Must be lets say 80Hz, and as i read the minimum BR length should be 15cm (for a 15"Driver).

Well, disigning with WInIsd and some other BR calculators, all says more or less the same, to keep the freq at 80Hz the volume of the cabinet must be so small (around 70-80l).... This is not posible! the Volume is so small to put a 15" of 1000w there...

Anyone could help me with this? Or do you have another idea about which cabinet should i use? Anyway o would like to "design" my own BR but im getting crazy with it for some months...

The Driver i would like to use is:
Beyma 15p1000Fe
www.beyma.com/products/lowmidfrequency/115P10FEV28

Thanks to all Sound system community!

Lino.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #23776 by t.geessounds
Replied by t.geessounds on topic Mid-Bass Cabinet
why need it to do 350-400 hz when the mt can do at least 180-200??

More
7 years 2 months ago #23777 by t.geessounds
Replied by t.geessounds on topic Mid-Bass Cabinet
why need it to do 350-400 hz when the mt can do at least 180-200??
u should at the cubo kick

More
7 years 2 months ago #23778 by Lino
Replied by Lino on topic Mid-Bass Cabinet
You are right, the whole freq spectre are covered with the cubo and the MT130, but anyway the MT only have a clear sound when we set up the Sound system in a quite big outdoor space. When you listen the sound from 5-6m the MT give a non clear response, lets says that sounds like a driver inside of a tube due to the big horns it have.

To be honest im not completly satisfied with the MT, i knew before that the design was to push the sound far away, but i didnt expected to listen this strange and unclear sound from 6-7m.

So the idea is to build a 15" mid bass to shorter the freq response of the MT, cause specially i think is in the 150 - 250Hz from where this sound come.

I would prefere a BR cause with the driver i said we can go longer in the dreg response cause we are using a direct radiation driver.

More
7 years 1 month ago #23783 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Mid-Bass Cabinet
Well, as advised before you could use Cubo Kick 15 ( www.freespeakerplans.com/kunena/7-genera...m/20750-cubo-kick-15 ) between your Cubo 18's and MT-130, as it was designed for 80 - 250 Hz (officially 200 Hz). It would work with the 15P1000Fe as well.

As for the BR, it doesn't need to have port that is at least 15 cm long but around 5 - 10 cm long and thus a decent port area would be nice. Your suggested driver should be fine in a 80 litre ported cabinet as well and as it has a Vas around 80 litre and medium Qts, you shouldn't aim for anything else really.

Best regards

Cubo

Time to create page: 0.227 seconds