file Cubo 12 bass guitar small venue

7 years 6 months ago #23536 by pablocepedal
Cubo 12 bass guitar small venue was created by pablocepedal
Hello everyone. I've recently got an Eminence Beta 12A-2 and I want to build a bass guitar cabinet for my 250w bass head. Is Cubo 12 a good option for rehearsal and small venues? If it is so, should I put the speaker facing to the front or inside?
Why should I choose this design and not a traditional square cab with a vented port?
Thanks in advance (and sorry for my english).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 6 months ago #23540 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cubo 12 bass guitar small venue
Cubo 12 will have a raised sensitivity in it's pass band (be the loudest) but will have poor output above 140 Hz (several large dips due to the band pass effect). Magnet in chamber for most output, magnet visible for deepest bass response.

Best regards

Cubo

7 years 5 months ago #23581 by bjm362
Replied by bjm362 on topic Cubo 12 bass guitar small venue

Cubo15 wrote: Cubo 12 will have a raised sensitivity in it's pass band (be the loudest) but will have poor output above 140 Hz (several large dips due to the band pass effect). Magnet in chamber for most output, magnet visible for deepest bass response.

Best regards

Cubo

Cubo is THEE guy to talk to about this design! I do dabble with bass guitar and have an idea I would like to toss into this conversation.
If the dip(s) above 140 hz prove to lose more of the upper harmonics on your bass than desired you could use a smaller speaker above it or possibly even install something like a sealed 8 on the front top area. I personally would think with a passive crossover would sound much better than without....