Wich sub for (hard)dance?

• Vanheeske
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 2 months ago #19591 by Vanheeske
Wich sub for (hard)dance? was created by Vanheeske
Hi everbody,

Quick introduction of myself, I am a guy from belgium (so don't look at the typo's) and i want to build some sub/bass for a drive in, local party's. Got a little knowledge about T/S parameters,SPL & Rms(watts), Hornloaded & bassreflex subs.
I understand that there different sub's for each music. The music that we often play is harddance,Hardstyle (more like a kicks then sub freq). I have excess to few B&C, Beyma & eminence drivers.
I have checked the HD 15 and the cubo 15, but wich sub/bass cabinet will give me max SPL for that kind of music ? (bass you can feel and not heard).
The HD 15 give's very good kicks but zero sub(that's what i read). So i'm looking for a good cabinet and easy to build?
And if i find the right sub , i will posts picture's of the project
I'm sorry if that there is already maybe a topic about it...

Kind regards from Belgium!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #19593 by bgrade
Replied by bgrade on topic Re: Wich sub for (hard)dance?
The HD15 will do it but you need a gang of em. Like 6 or so. The 186 or 1850 have great kick and also have more lows in there too, but they are much bigger. I have 4 1850s faital pro loaded and I love them for psytrance and techno, so I would imagine that hardstyle low end would work out fine.

More
11 years 1 month ago #19645 by Boris-The-Blade
Replied by Boris-The-Blade on topic Re: Wich sub for (hard)dance?
How hard a dance?

Music like Psy Trance, Hardcore is ideally suited to really tight chamber horns to my ears Like 1850 horns as mentioned above.
Techno and Hard style I feel needs a bit more deeper sub rather than just tear your face off kick. In recent years I have been using EAW SB1000's and they seem to do this really well.

Drum and Bass is a bit of a tricky one for me. I love the sound of a horn for D&B just tight long bass notes seem to be done justice with horns. But other box's can drop seriously low just be careful they don't start sound "out of control".

Can always bang shed loads of horns together to create a coupling factor and drop a few hz lower.

Remember that with dance music as well as all music you really need a good detailed mid section to make the rest sound good.

Time to create page: 0.220 seconds