USB - Wiring & Router Jig help

• chrisfisher
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 3 months ago #19385 by chrisfisher
USB - Wiring & Router Jig help was created by chrisfisher
Afternoon all,

My father and i have decided to try and attempt to build a couple of USB speakers as a little project over the next few weeks. Ive downloaded the plans and redrawn them in AutoCAD (i was bored. lol) to work out the remaining dimensions and angles ect.

No doubt ill have a few question for the members here in relation to this build over the next few weeks, but my first few are:-

1) What is the best way to wire USB's if they were to be used with their intended Labsub speakers, is using NL4MP. (could some explains the wiring to me in basic laymans terms lol)

2) I have redrawn the USB's with bar handles in the access panel, would this be ok? the bar handles are the self contained type, and i would be gluing and screwing them in to place so as to completely seal them?

3) Does anybody still make router templates for these ? any prices knocking about ?

Regards
Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago #19387 by bgrade
Replied by bgrade on topic Re: USB - Wiring & Router Jig help
As for wiring the drivers, you could wire parallel or in series depending what impedence you want. Parallel will make the overall impedence 1/2 of whatever the driver is rated, and series would make it double. Most people would probably do parallel though.

Either way, you would generally just use +1 and -1 to connect to a standard speaker cable.

• chrisfisher
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 3 months ago #19390 by chrisfisher
Replied by chrisfisher on topic Re: USB - Wiring & Router Jig help
Cheers for that,

So im aware that this cab is reverse polarity wired, so does that mean i just wire -1 to the + on the speaker and +1 to the - on the speaker ??

Chris

More
11 years 3 months ago #19391 by bgrade
Replied by bgrade on topic Re: USB - Wiring & Router Jig help
Yes. If you want reverse polarity that is the way to go. However it is sometimes worth checking both ways to see which sounds better with the other speakers.

Time to create page: 0.196 seconds