Cubo 12 & Tham15

More
11 years 6 months ago #19015 by JoeT
Cubo 12 & Tham15 was created by JoeT
Hello I've never posted on this forum, but thought I'd run a question by. I got interested in building some bass speakers for live sound about 6 months ago and found this site. Got a little over excited and ended up building a pair of Cubo 12's with the parts express PA310-8 drivers and a pair of Tham15's which I threw an old pair of Peavey Black Widow 15's I had. Have used the pair of Cubo 12's quit a bit this summer for live sound in a small band. They put out a surprising amount of bass in small package. Pushing 60 years old I have been trying to shrink my equipment to save wear and tear on myself, so I really appreciated the cubo's. I have some larger outdoor jobs coming up and was wondering if it would be advisable to use the Cubo 12's and the Tham15's together, either as a group or as separate pairs. Would this be advisable or will I have problems with the speakers blending together

Thanks Joe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #19021 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Re: Cubo 12 & Tham15
I'd say, you could always try it out. Switch on a Cubo 12. Then either another Cubo 12 or THAM 15 and listen to the percieved level. If it's in the same ballpark use them together, if not you could try to overlap them. Say THAM 15 from 35 - 40 Hz and up, kicking in the Cubo 12 from 50 -55 Hz and up. Low passing the THAM 15 around 80 - 100 Hz, Cubo 12 at 125 Hz orso.

Personally I was introduced into loudspeakers by the freeparty-scene. Added value of the different cabinets was questionable from time to time but never resulted in lowering of overall output to my knowledge. Either non added value, some added value or significant added values.

Best regards

Cubo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.210 seconds