file questions about es18bph

12 years 2 hours ago #16910 by moska
questions about es18bph was created by moska
Hi everyone,

I just built my first 2x es18 bph cabinets, and I wanted to ask for feedbacks about different drivers in that boxes. Which one do you think would make them work better?
I also wanted to ask about the phase... how can I calculate the delay I have to apply? should I just reverse the phase as I read over here?
a little bit of help for a noob please :ugeek:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 1 hour ago #16913 by levyte357
Replied by levyte357 on topic questions about es18bph
Improper avatar dude. smiley11

\"When in Vegas, do as the vegasians do\".

11 years 11 months ago #16915 by moska
Replied by moska on topic questions about es18bph

moska wrote: Hi everyone,

I just built my first 2x es18 bph cabinets, and I wanted to ask for feedbacks about different drivers in that boxes. Which one do you think would make them work better?
I also wanted to ask about the phase... how can I calculate the delay I have to apply? should I just reverse the phase as I read over here?
a little bit of help for a noob please :ugeek:

hahaha ok... just changed it, I hope you like the new one :lol:

11 years 11 months ago #16919 by bee
Replied by bee on topic questions about es18bph
the es18 should be wired positive to negative.......

meaning positive from amp +1 on speakon should wire to the negative on driver........ as for time delay, whats going on top of them and or below them...... cab wise.....

11 years 11 months ago #16921 by moska

bee wrote: the es18 should be wired positive to negative.......

meaning positive from amp +1 on speakon should wire to the negative on driver........ as for time delay, whats going on top of them and or below them...... cab wise.....

then should I sold the +1 to the negative on the driver in each speaker? why should I do that? I mean, why in this cabinet and not in others?
By the moment they will work with 2x das r115 as tops and in a nearly future 2 or 4 x 186 subs below

11 years 11 months ago #16924 by bee
the driver is loaded in reverse, i.e. the magnet of the driver is placed in the horn, not in the rear chamber. Because the driver is working back to front, when all the other drivers in your system are pushing forward then back then forward etc, the es 18 would be going back forward back..... so to keep all drivers going forward back forward the driver in the es18 only needs to be wired out of phase, i.e. positive input to negative on driver.....

11 years 11 months ago #16932 by t.geessounds
Replied by t.geessounds on topic questions about es18bph
off question bee so how about the cubo 18 i just build a pair of i guy an he will be using dural 15 bass reflex tops should it dat the same with the cubo???

11 years 11 months ago #16934 by moska
So in every folded horn speaker that has to be done?
thx for the advice!

11 years 11 months ago #16935 by bee
no for the cubo, the cubo is a weird one, and kind of breaks the rules, i tried the wiring both ways and wire'd as normal was ok, with magnet in horn or chamber, very strange. Maybe cubo can explain why.... all cabs with reverse driver loading normally are wired out of phase... usb, es18, etc.....

11 years 11 months ago #16936 by moska

bee wrote: no for the cubo, the cubo is a weird one, and kind of breaks the rules, i tried the wiring both ways and wire'd as normal was ok, with magnet in horn or chamber, very strange. Maybe cubo can explain why.... all cabs with reverse driver loading normally are wired out of phase... usb, es18, etc.....

ok!! nice to know that, thanks a lot!