Shall i sell me 18\" hogs & build 21\" b&c neo ones?

• heathrow_b_line
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
15 years 10 months ago #1720 by heathrow_b_line
Replied by heathrow_b_line on topic Shall i sell me 18\" hogs & build 21\" b&c neo ones?
they will, the width doesnt change much

Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 10 months ago #1999 by champion
you heard the Hogs loadad with Turbo max !!

More
15 years 10 months ago #2195 by dj maca roots
Replied by dj maca roots on topic Shall i sell me 18\" hogs & build 21\" b&c neo ones?

Heathrow_B_Line wrote: the hump is at 33 mate, which is useful
<div></div>
<div>i cant think straight. people have been telling me to sell the four hogs and buy 6 more ASS BS1200 with the cash, making my rig 4 mx600's and 8 BS1200. i do like the idea as it would make 2 quite intimadating stacks BUT they wont go as low as the hog.</div>
<div></div>
<div>BUT do you really need to go down to 25hz</div>
<div></div>
<div>I dont know i cant think1 Florian has advised that i dont make any rash decisions, i should listen to him</div>
<div></div>
<div>We need to clash 2 hd215s v's 2 bs1200's v's 2 nexo si2000 v's 2 martin 215 mk 2's v's 2 martin 215 mk 3's before i can justify getting any more!!!</div>

My producers friends in the dub and jungle ragga scene here in the US cut the tunes at 50hz to make the bass lines more clear and audible. makes sence in a way but I seen on the plan forums over and over again... how low dose it go? Will it go 25 or 30 or a hump at this or that.
Any one out there talking to the people who are making these songs we are playing?
I play a bunch of UK Rockers/dub, can any one check this with Jah Tubby or Aba, Ariwa ect?
Big Raspect to all[img]smileys/smiley10.gif[/img]

Eternal Party At The End Of Time

More
15 years 10 months ago #2209 by sks01
well i can tell you for a start iration steppas havent even heard of a lpf and from expirience theirs definatley more going on below 50 in most uk dubif you realy wanted to check would it be worth finding a real time analyzer and just quickly finding out for yourself must be a fair few freeware ones id imagine

do it for the love of the music

More
15 years 10 months ago #2216 by studio45
as a reggae head would say, fe true :) Last dub night i went to was with jah tubbys world system, they were running a laptop on top of the control tower showing big 31 band rta display. It attracted a fascinated group of soundboys :)
Whenever the bass dropped all bars from 20-50hz jumped right up. This was measuring from a mic next to control tower. You could feel it too. Trouser flapping frequencies i call em :)

sks01, i know what you mean. (you meant a hpf :) ) Don't you reckon their bass sounds well distorted when they give it proper beans though. but still highly enjoyable :)

More
15 years 10 months ago #2253 by mykey
HBL qoute from the bright side "look good but abit pointless as after you have built a box, painted it, loaded it with good drivers you could have picked up some second hand turbo sound for roughly the same money"

why don't you buy some ASS 21''cabs HBL?Edited by: mykey

Anyone got any ply?

More
15 years 10 months ago #2265 by sks01
damn, i aways get those two mixed up. it does sound distorted but if you listen to the songs theyve released the bass isas madas a bag of badgerseven before they put it through the systemand their pre-ampso its not surprising

sounds interesting about jah tubbys never seen them do that trick before though its not hard to guess that that might be hapening fromthe whole earth shaking to the bass

do it for the love of the music

More
15 years 3 months ago #5376 by mykey
I can get a better response from a 21'' scoop design, the size being not much bigger than the HOG
so yes, do it

Anyone got any ply?

Time to create page: 0.256 seconds