question about subs

• upcomingsound
  • Topic Author
More
15 years 3 months ago #5290 by upcomingsound
question about subs was created by upcomingsound
the 1850 horn cab vs the super scooper which is a better cab

keep the music alive, and add more bassssssssssss

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 months ago #5292 by csg
Replied by csg on topic question about subs
for what?

More
15 years 3 months ago #5332 by mykey
Replied by mykey on topic question about subs
you could get away with using the Scoop for every application, although OK for PA but not the best, also you could use just one cab.

The 1850 would be good for PA, not good for reggae and you have to use more than one to get the best from them

I have never heard the 1850 horn but can get an idea from the drawing as to what they will sound like

so if you are not a pro PA company and do the odd hire for dance music etc, go for the scoop

Anyone got any ply?

More
15 years 3 months ago #5333 by tony.a.s.s.
Replied by tony.a.s.s. on topic question about subs
Just to support what mike has said, I have always maintained that the 'scoop bin' is one of the most underrated sub bass cabs of all times. Too many people rely on a cab to give them a certain sound, without realizing that these cabs can be engineered to fit most applications. A good scoop is a very versatile bass cab, especially when only in a 3 way system. The pro PA companies have to bend to what's on the rider, but in general, the Rock and Roll business has rejected these type of cabs because they were pigeon holed. If there were more brave people out there in PA land, I'm sure there would be more scoops.

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

More
15 years 3 months ago #5379 by mykey
Replied by mykey on topic question about subs
I'll try and find a video of Barry White on stage with about 6 scoops behind him

dought if they would have been used in the Main PA though

I think allot of engineers complain that they're no good is because they have never used them and don't want to be embarrased if they Fk up

Anyone got any ply?

Time to create page: 0.229 seconds