TAS - Sub

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 4 months ago #5090 by
Replied by on topic TAS - Sub
Well said SCA.

Have you ever heard the Rubic horn Jake ? Do you know any body that has heard the Rubic horn ? There ISover 3000 people that have heard these ..... so far so good

When the Mk2 's are ready i would love you to pop down for a listen and hear your views on them. There notgoing to be for everybody BUT for people / venues wanting very low 20Hz - 40Hz this could justbe the cabinet(s) for them !!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #5093 by deadbeat
Replied by deadbeat on topic TAS - Sub
I'm expecting this thread to turn into something like this then?
www.speakerplans.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=16209

Bespoke, I have never had any commercial interests in audio, manufacturer or distributer.

I think you should drop the aggressive marketing track until maybe after you've cobbled together a spec sheet. Go on PSW and see what they have to say. I have a feeling a lot of comparisons will be made between this cab and the DTS-20.
www.danleysoundlabs.com/tapped_horn.asp?MODEL=DTS%2020

Beranek\'s law
\'bits of ply round a driver\'

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 4 months ago #5095 by

Deadbeat wrote: I'm expecting this thread to turn into something like this then?
www.speakerplans.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=16209

Bespoke, I have never had any commercial interests in audio, manufacturer or distributer.

I think you should drop the aggressive marketing track until maybe after you've cobbled together a spec sheet. Go on PSW and see what they have to say. I have a feeling a lot of comparisons will be made between this cab and the DTS-20.
www.danleysoundlabs.com/tapped_horn.asp?MODEL=DTS%2020

Where ??? Remember people started to ask us about them..... We havenever said these are the best you should buy them we haven't even given anybody a price when they asked about it

Maybe i've touched a soft spot ..........

More
15 years 4 months ago #5102 by deadbeat
I don't have soft spots. [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

Marketing doesn't have to have a price tag.

What you have been doing has the ability to be perceived as aggressive marketing is what I said.
You want to be on a good start to get in bed with your customer...as opposed to jumping on them with handcuffs (dropping big statements).

What you want to do is something like the Stasys X thread. Rog put up full plots and measurements and managed to give away enough info to keep everyone curious and respectful of the technology; while not giving away the game fully at all. Not saying anything of course, you could always go the other route, make a website, and put in a bullet point 'utilising our revolutionary new technology'.

It seems like the cat got out of the bag early...and it's gotten a bit hard to handle.

It just comes from my marketing sense. I wish you well.

Edited by: Deadbeat

Beranek\'s law

More
15 years 4 months ago #5103 by mykey
Replied by mykey on topic TAS - Sub
Bespoke! What's happening?
We were just having a bit of fun man <?: prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /> </v:shape>
</v:shape>
</v:shape>
</v:stroke></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:ulas></v:path><?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shape>"There notgoing to be for everybody BUT for people / venues wanting very low 20Hz - 40Hz this could justbe the cabinet(s) for them !!"

This will be like you said, not going to be for everybody
I think you will get a few special install's with them that need that bit of extra low end

But as for selling loads, I don't know

Who know'sI may be wrong
why is there a Mk2 already?

Anyone got any ply?

More
15 years 4 months ago #5104 by s.c.a
Replied by s.c.a on topic TAS - Sub
alright mikey boy, the mk2 is my doing, simply the final build/production version of the sub.., few bits of the actual construction i want to improve on to cope with the air pressure inside this thing, bit of25mm birch creeping in there:) .. improved mouth bracing etc..

More
15 years 4 months ago #5105 by deadbeat
Have you taken into consideration the HT market (as well as obvious install, church organ blah blah)?

The DTS-20 seems to be quite the holy grail for the chaps over there, it seems like the only other competitor. Bit smaller, uses a 12", and does 20-100...in a cigar shape like that.

Beranek\'s law

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 4 months ago #5106 by
Sorry boys and girls - my 2kids are doing my head this week !!!!STRESS !!!!
Deadbeat i really do listen to what you have to say and would love foryou and Mykey to listen to this cabinet one day.

Mykey your right...this cabinet will not be for everybody due tosize,cost and placement neededbutlike i've said before this is more of a ''install'' type cabinet where the above dosen't really matter unlike touring. That said i cant wait to hear what 8 sounds like out on the road ummmmm maybe 12 .............

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 4 months ago #5202 by
OK Next week we are down in New Street Oswestry Shropshire SY11 1PY with our TAS-Subs and our new twin 18" BPH cabinets... so if you are wanting a little demo in the day between16:00 & 20:00 then let us know ( the Subs are still the Mk1 cabinets but your see what they can do )

If youcant make the day then pop down for the event which is the CREAM Ibiza Tour + house + breakbeat etc tec. It runs from 21:00 till 03:00

So if you dontbelieve the ''hype'' pop down people

Tim
07908-732936

More
13 years 10 months ago #8859 by haloweenhamster
Replied by haloweenhamster on topic TAS - Sub
hi to all
does anyone know about this sub?
i have acquired 1 and was wondering what kind of frequency range to run it
thinkin of runnin it with an 1850 until i can get a tmax 1500

i have been told these can go down to 20Hz but im thinkin thats for more than 1 cab

any thoughts?

cheers
HH

Time to create page: 0.248 seconds