12-inch drivers for sub

More
15 years 5 months ago #4846 by jsg
Replied by jsg on topic 12-inch drivers for sub
Getting back on topic, it seems Beyma have been busy in the back room and have created at least one new 12-inch driver quite recently, maybe two:

- 112P10Nd on Blue Aran site with no specs except it claims 1000W AES. It says click for more info, I did, so presumably they will get back to me.

- 12P1000Nd on Beyma's own salsa-enabled site with specs that vary between 900 and 1000 watts AES and T/S params that look pretty good except limited XMax

Anyone know anything about these? Are they in fact one in the same? These could be ideal for my 12" bandpass subs, if I can satisfy myself that the cabinet loading is enough to keep the drivers mostly under XMax even at 1KW.
Edited by: jsg

Ars est celare artem

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 5 months ago #4847 by ajw
Replied by ajw on topic 12-inch drivers for sub
Not used the 12P1000nd but recently built a pair of reflexes using its bigger brother the 15P1000nd and they sounded very nice indeed.
Only thing I don't like about Beyma's specs is that they factor in Hg/3.5 into their X max figures.

Tony

[email:2pxnki7c]info@forteaudio.eu[/email:2pxnki7c]

More
15 years 5 months ago #4853 by jsg
Replied by jsg on topic 12-inch drivers for sub

AJW wrote: Only thing I don't like about Beyma's specs is that they factor in Hg/3.5 into their X max figures.

I don't like that either. If they called it "estimated maximum excursion before distortion" or some such that would be OK, but "Xmax" has a definition and Beyma (and some others) are not adhering to it.

Ars est celare artem

More
15 years 2 months ago #5470 by Bass Traffic
Replied by Bass Traffic on topic 12-inch drivers for sub
Does anybody rate the eminence lab 12?
www.eminence.com/proaudio_speaker_detail...size=12&SUB_CAT_ID=1
There's a design on their site that reckons it will go down to 20hz the only problem is that it drops the power output from 400w to 200 so it doesn't rip itself apart.

Time to create page: 0.308 seconds