Tapped Horn for Faital Pro 15HP1060 - 15"

• iammrlogic
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 7 months ago #24698 by iammrlogic
Tapped Horn for Faital Pro 15HP1060 - 15" was created by iammrlogic
Hi Guys,

I currently have 6 of these drivers in some compact ported boxes. They sound great, warm, punchy, and go pretty low (under 40hz), happy to cross at 110hz, but they are not the most efficient. The current ported boxes give 93db at 40z, 1w/1m rising up to 98db. (not measured by me)

I'm looking at some alternative designs to get more output from each driver so probably a large(ish) tapped horn is the way to go. Maybe something like the Apache 15. Does anyone know if that enclosure would be suitable for the above driver, or whether there are better options?

I'd like a good response from 40hz (as a minimum) up to 110hz. If I can something that pumps out 3db or more for the same input at 40hz and above that would double my systems output without having to double my current subs (6 more drivers at 230 quid each plus cabs) and amplifiers.

Driver details below (although mine are the 8ohm verson):

www.loudspeakerdatabase.com/Faital/15HP1060

many thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 6 months ago #24703 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Tapped Horn for Faital Pro 15HP1060 - 15"
I've no experience with the Apache but your driver is a good tapped horn driver, although a bit inefficient it's similar to some of the suggested drivers for the Apache 15.

Although 3 dB is a doubling of power, it's not a doubling of intensity. 6 dB is a doubling of intensity for subs, 10 dB is a doubling of intensity for tops. The Apache will typically boost output between 3 and 6 dB (frequency dependent).

• iammrlogic
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #24705 by iammrlogic
Replied by iammrlogic on topic Tapped Horn for Faital Pro 15HP1060 - 15"
Yes, I appreciate doubling watts or number of subs doesn't double the perceived level. That is a very frustrating aspect to say the least .

I cant seem to find a response chart for the apache 15 anywhere either. It would be good to see the numbers for one of the suggested drivers as a guide.
Last edit: 3 years 6 months ago by iammrlogic.

More
3 years 6 months ago #24706 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Tapped Horn for Faital Pro 15HP1060 - 15"
The designer left an gmail address on the plan page, I would suggest either that or learning how to use Hornresp (there are some guides on the web for that).

Time to create page: 0.214 seconds