file subwoofer for powerful chest and stomach blows

6 years 5 months ago #24118 by tasos93
I'm new to this forum I also need a subwoofer plan for two Paudio E18-ELF speakers to get a lot of blows in the chest and stomach + the feeling that you vibrate completely from head to toe, I was thinking about doing two hog scoop but I do not know if they are suitable for my requirements.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 4 months ago #24131 by Cubo15
I guess they will work in a HOG scoop (or a Cubo 18 ;) but the bigger the cabinet the better. The feeling you describe is down to SPL mostly, so 2 cabinets might get you there but more cabinets will work better.

6 years 4 months ago #24132 by tasos93
Hello! I have built a MHB-4818 two days ago, please tell me and I will pray well if the mhb-4818 is better than the HOG for the sensations I have described the strongest chest blows + the bass sensation in the stomach, I mention that the subwoofers will be in two

6 years 4 months ago #24134 by tasos93
Hello! I have built a MHB-4818 two days ago, please tell me and I will pray well if the mhb-4818 is better than the HOG for the sensations I have described the strongest chest blows + the bass sensation in the stomach, I mention that the subwoofers will be in two

6 years 4 months ago #24139 by Cubo15
I would say your current choice will be better at chest but the hog will be better at stomach rumblings. However it's not a bad start ;)

6 years 4 months ago #24142 by tasos93

Cubo15 wrote: I would say your current choice will be better at chest but the hog will be better at stomach rumblings. However it's not a bad start ;)

Cubo 15 I'm most interested in the subwoofers feeling the empty stomach as strong as possible, so Hog is doing well! I will choose hog for empty in the stomach. i can set it from dsp to 25 hz 24 db / octave or 48 and lowpass on 120 hz i have bass in the chest

6 years 4 months ago #24144 by Cubo15
The feeling on the chest is best achieved with a high crossover setting like 120 Hz, the frequencies below 100 Hz add less to this but are more responsible for the feeling in the stomach. Also contributing to this stomach feeling is shear SPL (more drivers, more power, etc.), so if two MHB-4818 do not work, building more then 2 MHB-4818 will also get you there.

If you already have the MHB-4818, it might be a good choice to try it first and only if you don't like it build the HOG's (I'm not sure if these sound good up to 120 Hz).

A high pass at 25 Hz is a bit low and can actually work against getting that stomach feeling, as the drivers can take less power in their working area, 30 - 40 Hz sounds more like it.

Best regards

5 years 7 months ago #24295 by tonskulus
Replied by tonskulus on topic subwoofer for powerful chest and stomach blows
E18-ELF is too weak for HOG scoop, it will not do much there.  Cubo18 would suit better this driver.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tasos93