Cubo 6? Is it possible? Is it worth?

• wilmertoorn
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago #24040 by wilmertoorn
Cubo 6? Is it possible? Is it worth? was created by wilmertoorn
Hello all, working on a new project, perhaps someone could help me out?

Simplified: Is there a design for a cubo 6 sub-enclosure? If so, where do I find it, if not, where do I find someone who could perhaps design one?

The whole story: I seem to have a 6 Inch woofer lying around and a couple of coaxial 4's. My first idea was to build something in the direction of a boombox, but then again, it been done, and there are plenty of good examples, so wheres the challenge? So I thought I'd do something a little different and build a tower, subwoofer furthest down, and the two 4's up high. Having a Cubo 12 (which we know is great) I thought, "would it work to build a cubo 6"?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #24046 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cubo 6? Is it possible? Is it worth?
Recently someone build a customised Cubo 12 Mod to accommodate an 8" driver, with success. He said that if he didn't had build it himself, he wouldn't have believed it to be only an 8" driver. For a 6" driver the cabinet would end up about 52.5 x 20 x 52.5 cm external. The internal width has to be slimmed down, so that the 6" will just fit.

Best regards Cubo

Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Cubo15.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wilmertoorn

• wilmertoorn
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago #24047 by wilmertoorn
Replied by wilmertoorn on topic Cubo 6? Is it possible? Is it worth?
Ah, nice! Thank you a lot! I'll be looking into it more in the next couple of days, and hopefully get the project started! Hopefully, it will perform too, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

More
6 years 4 months ago #24167 by lito83
Replied by lito83 on topic Cubo 6? Is it possible? Is it worth?
HI
is possible to use JBL GTO1014 on this box?

Thank you

More
6 years 4 months ago #24170 by Cubo15
Yes, you can use the GTO1014 in Cubo 12 Mod but you'll have to decrease the width, so that the driver just fits inside, for best performance.

Best regards Cubo

More
6 years 4 months ago #24172 by lito83
Replied by lito83 on topic Cubo 6? Is it possible? Is it worth?
Wow. Thank you very much, i've been looking for a 15mm plywood but only 18mm is available
Maybe i will just adjust the measurement a bit..
:)

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #24226 by Phattoo
Replied by Phattoo on topic Cubo 6? Is it possible? Is it worth?

Cubo15 wrote: Recently someone build a customised Cubo 12 Mod to accommodate an 8" driver, with success. He said that if he didn't had build it himself, he wouldn't have believed it to be only an 8" driver. For a 6" driver the cabinet would end up about 52.5 x 20 x 52.5 cm external. The internal width has to be slimmed down, so that the 6" will just fit.

Best regards Cubo

Can you please post the instructions for construction that explains Hgth of panel from Wdth from? Furthermore, what is the second drawing of?
Thank You

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #24227 by Cubo15
The first picture shows the side/ construction view, the panels have variable height but all 8 panels shown have 31.9 cm width. For a 6" driver that width has to be decreased to just fit the specific 6" driver used. The second picture is the cut sheet and shows all the panels of the first picture, plus the other panels needed to finish the construction, like the two side panels of 52.5 x 52.5 cm. You'll notice in the second picture there are 8 panels that have a 31.9 cm measurement, just like there are 8 panels in the first picture.

For a overview of the construction and an idea of where the other panels should go, have a look at Cubo 12, 15, 18 or Sub, which all follow the same general construction as Cubo Mod.

Best regards Cubo
The following user(s) said Thank You: Phattoo

Time to create page: 0.269 seconds