Building subs

• spaceman6469224
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 2 months ago #23753 by spaceman6469224
Replied by spaceman6469224 on topic Building subs
I keep hearing about high pass filters in subs. Where would i find these? I have my amp set up for low pass at 99hz.
Would these be louder than what im using?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #23754 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Building subs
Pretty sure you haven't told us what cabinets you're using now, so no idea if they'll be louder. A high pass can provide more output by limiting the pass band but it's main advantage is protecting loudspeakers from mechanical or thermal failure. They are often found on the same devices providing the low pass filter. If they're not you might consider adding a crossover that does. I would strongly recommend reading up on high pass filters before your first gig.

Best regards

Cubo

• spaceman6469224
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 2 months ago #23755 by spaceman6469224
They are each 20 cubic feet with four, four inch diameter, 18 inch deep ports with one 500 w rms Eminence Delta Pro-18C 18" Driver 4 Ohm in each. Tune to around 27 hz.

More
7 years 2 months ago #23756 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Building subs
Unless I don't understand you, those numbers don't align with each other (more like 20 Hz tuning) but in any case they're big cabinets with a low tuning (very low if you consider their use). The reflex will have a very lounge-ish deep bass and output, which sounds like the wrong tool for the job. The Cubo 18 focusses on concert level output from 40 Hz and up (much louder above 40 - 50 Hz). So for concerts Cubo 18, at home I would rather have the reflex.

Best regards

Cubo

• spaceman6469224
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 2 months ago #23757 by spaceman6469224
Thank you. I started doing this 3 years ago because my cousin needed a sound man for his band. I had zero experience and research was tedious for me. I had no idea that i would love it so much. Your website is the best resource ive found. Thanks again for your time and for helping me.

More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #23821 by tkroeker
Replied by tkroeker on topic Building subs
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by tkroeker.

More
7 years 1 month ago #23822 by tkroeker
Replied by tkroeker on topic Building subs

sn95 wrote: You are not going to do 500 with 2 sub,s . How is your wood working , do you have tools? . Are you willing to buy new drivers? .

agreed

Time to create page: 0.196 seconds