In search for "split-able" sub-horn-bin

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #23002 by jwka
Hi all,

I am new to this website but have built a number of speaker cabinets throughout the years (Schmacks/Klipsch/JBL/Eli etc.) and being an "old guy" still hang on the horn-type of speakers.

For some people, it might sound like an odd idea, but I am trying to get some transport issues solved. That's why I consider to build a horn sub that can be "split" up into two (or more) pieces to enable easier transportation also in smaller cars.

As at a certain distance from the throat, the air pressure falls significantly, which should, in principle, offer to split the cabinet into parts. With some clamps like those used in 19 inch rack cabinets (to open front/back) , it should also be possible to re-assemble in a stable enough manner.

Did anybody try this or has some suggestions which of the sub-horns could be "ideal" for such a purpose?

[Edit: Preferred for 15 inch drivers like EVM15L/B, JBL 2220, RCF 15P801, RCF 15P200 ]

Thanks in advance!
jwka
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by jwka.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #23004 by sn95
Replied by sn95 on topic In search for "split-able" sub-horn-bin
Welcome to FSP. The two that comes to mine are one a Barn door style extension and a conversion of the MS18 Mk1 from a scoop to a horn . Both designs use removable sections.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.215 seconds