Cubo 12 loaded with Faital Pro 12HP1010

• Housexy
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #20665 by Housexy
Hello All,

Due to the lack in a good range of drivers here in South Africa, I purchased a pair of Faital Pro 12HP1010, with the intention of building a pair of BFM T24's...about a year ago. A lack of pack space in vehicle & time to build them, I have opted not to build the T24's.

I obtained some plans for the 12HP1010 that will suit the drivers, but I am going to be an outdoor event in November for about 100 people (dancing). In discussions with a few friends & reading on other forums, it seems that a horn loaded/ band pass would have a slight advantage over than having a normal type sub box design.

I came across the CUBO 12 and was wondering if the Faital Pro 12HP1010, will work in a CUBO12.

T&S parameters as follows:-

Fs - 45Hz
Re - 5.5 Ohms
Qes - 0.35
Qms - 9.4
Qts - 0.33
Vas - 50dm^3 (1.77 ft^3)
Xmas - 9.25mm
AES power handling - 700W

In the event this driver works in the CUBO12, the plans calls for 15mm birch. Here in Pietermaritzburg (SA) where I live, 15mm birch or any thickness of birch for that matter, is difficult to obtain & if available, it costs an arm & a leg. Can I used 16mm MDF, which is readily available....how do I adjust the cut sheet & panels
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by Housexy. Reason: correction of sentences & grammer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #20672 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cubo 12 loaded with Faital Pro 12HP1010
It's a bit power hungry driver but I think it should do the job just fine, if you'll have the power to feed it.

16 mm instead of 15 mm is not worth a real recalculation of the inner works of a cabinet, the difference is 2.2% in case of Cubo 12. I would keep all the panel dimensions the same, except reducing the back panel height by 2 mm whilst increasing the front panel height by 2 mm.

Best regards

Cubo
The following user(s) said Thank You: Housexy

• Housexy
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 6 months ago #20697 by Housexy
Replied by Housexy on topic Cubo 12 loaded with Faital Pro 12HP1010
Shot thanks Cubo.

Will adjust accordingly. Yeh, I think I will have sufficient power. Got a Berry EP4000 lying around and will feed signal via my existing DCX2496.

Now that it's ok's, will be sorting out the material later on this week.

thanks once again.

• Housexy
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 6 months ago #20753 by Housexy
Ok I just placed my order for material & should be starting my build by this weekend.

Just a quick question for Mr. Cubo....

Was perusing posts regarding the CUBO12 & 15's, and came across questions regarding the options of the way the driver is mounted.

I take it that if the magnet is in the horn, the magnet is visible.

Given the T&S of the Faital Pro12HP1010, would I get a deeper bass response if the magnet is visible. Also, consideration is to be given that I am a mobile DJ and play a lot of top40 tracks, some EDM and 80's & 90's R&B...not forgetting indian bhangra.

Thanking you in advance for all the advice.

More
10 years 5 months ago #20755 by sn95
Replied by sn95 on topic Cubo 12 loaded with Faital Pro 12HP1010
The BFM T24 is a horn .

More
10 years 5 months ago #20762 by Cubo15
Give

n the T&S of the Faital Pro12HP1010, would I get a deeper bass response if the magnet is visible

Yes.

Unless the highest crossover possible is of importance, I would advise to use the driver with the magnet in the chamber regardless of music style or use.

Best regards

Cubo

• Housexy
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #20772 by Housexy

Unless the highest crossover possible is of importance, I would advise to use the driver with the magnet in the chamber regardless of music style or use.

As I am still learning the fine art of sound "staging", so please correct me if I am wrong. With the Behringer DCX2496, I will most likely be setting it on Linkwetiz Riley between 45Hz to 100Hz. I haven't ventured too much on the EQ's & dynamic EQ's of the DCX. Wouldnt this be suitable for the magnet & basket being exposed.
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by Housexy. Reason: grammer

More
10 years 5 months ago #20781 by Cubo15
That should be:

Unless the highest crossover possible is of importance, I would advise to use the driver with the magnet in the horn regardless of music style or use

My bad.

Anyhoo, LR is 6 dB down at the crossover, so it makes less sense to use LR for high pass (or lower the high pass a bit). Other than that it sounds good to me.

Best regards

Cubo

Time to create page: 0.196 seconds