J-bin reflex horn

More
11 years 6 months ago #19033 by dookietwo2
Replied by dookietwo2 on topic Re: J-bin reflex horn

Thawach wrote: guys the pics about a&j brand in thailand built und measure the 18 J-bin cab. he use the base on RCF esw1080 but change the dimension for the drv. the prototype of this cab. i thing the cab will built in china factory in the next time. the product will sell in thailand. the old cab of this brand they use china factory make at all. as the same the PA amp made in china.

Greetings; When measureing a sub its best to have the microphone on the ground on a large flat surface around the size of a sheet of plywood etc. Also have the microphone at least 10 feet away from the sub with the microphone pointed 90 degrees from the box. The pressure from the port will give incorrect results when you measure too close to the box.
The poor phase response and the dip in COH is a standard issue that may come up when measuring a sub with the microphone off the ground. A phase response in the attached photo will give you a better idea as to what you may be looking for. You can see near 0 COH problems, The phase trace is near 0 degrees at the crossover point and other than the High cut filters and Low cut fiters there is no phase "wraps" in the bandwith of the sub.

Doug
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thawach

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #19034 by t.geessounds
Replied by t.geessounds on topic Re: J-bin reflex horn
how about the Eminence Omega Pro-18A

• Thawach
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 4 months ago #19241 by Thawach
Replied by Thawach on topic Re: J-bin reflex horn

dookietwo2 wrote:

Thawach wrote: guys the pics about a&j brand in thailand built und measure the 18 J-bin cab. he use the base on RCF esw1080 but change the dimension for the drv. the prototype of this cab. i thing the cab will built in china factory in the next time. the product will sell in thailand. the old cab of this brand they use china factory make at all. as the same the PA amp made in china.

Greetings; When measureing a sub its best to have the microphone on the ground on a large flat surface around the size of a sheet of plywood etc. Also have the microphone at least 10 feet away from the sub with the microphone pointed 90 degrees from the box. The pressure from the port will give incorrect results when you measure too close to the box.
The poor phase response and the dip in COH is a standard issue that may come up when measuring a sub with the microphone off the ground. A phase response in the attached photo will give you a better idea as to what you may be looking for. You can see near 0 COH problems, The phase trace is near 0 degrees at the crossover point and other than the High cut filters and Low cut fiters there is no phase "wraps" in the bandwith of the sub.

Doug

thanks dookietwo2 for suggestion. the cab i didnt measure by myself but i got it from aj brand show me.

• Thawach
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 4 months ago #19242 by Thawach

t.geessounds wrote: how about the Eminence Omega Pro-18A

hi tg dont sure will install with this box but the sim i will post next time. :)

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #19256 by D-monk
Replied by D-monk on topic Re: J-bin reflex horn
Hi, everyone!
Firstly I want to say that I don`t have a lot of experience in building and modelling sub cabs.
I`ve got some questions about 15" J-bin :
1) can I load such drv in this cab
TS parameters of the drv
Fs 42,3 Hz
Vas 77 L
Qts 0,43
Qes 0,45
Qms 8,4
Re 6,2 Оhm
Bl 23,2 Тм
Sd 755 sм²
Mms 147 g
Xmax 8,5 мм
L 3,2 mGn
h 1,23 %

35 - 500 Hz
8 ohm
1000w RMS

2) does this cab sound good playing DNB and Dubstep ???
thanks
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by D-monk.

• Thawach
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 4 months ago #19276 by Thawach
sorry i never hv listened the DNB and Dubstep music before. i only know morlum lao hip-hop. so thta i dont sure for the DNB and Dubstep music . what is the brand of ur drv?

More
11 years 4 months ago #19285 by D-monk
This is Ukrainian driver MAG 1501
www.audiosila.com/product/dinamik-mag-m1501/

• Thawach
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 4 months ago #19295 by Thawach
D-monk u come from the Ukrain. i just hv known the Ukrainian drv. my daughter learn in china and she also speak Ukrain lang because she hv many friens from Ukrain in her room. ur driver i sim the graph below.

[img
The following user(s) said Thank You: D-monk

More
11 years 4 months ago #19310 by D-monk
Thanks a lot!!!
It`s a nice surprise for me that you have known Ukrainian drivers!
Thank you for simulation for my drv, a hope I`ll start building at the weekend.

• Thawach
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 2 months ago #19567 by Thawach

Time to create page: 0.301 seconds