• Thawach
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 6 months ago #18990 by Thawach
Replied by Thawach on topic Re: my comp horn

mykey- wrote:

Thawach wrote: hi all dont know where to post on here. i have a new design. i was finish this design last week. the box are buildind now and close to finish. this the model pics. if it finish ill post the pics again smiley36

This design could be far more efficient. I would say slow down on your designs. Concentrate on getting the best performance out of one design. SLOW down.

the design i don't want to reach down too low freq because its cheap drv and seems be short x-max. so that may be damage my drv.so that my design seems be high output in some freq. this design i tune about 1 octave and think that will be ok. if i reach down to low freq. sometime the box will bigger than i want. i think i want the medium size more than. ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #19001 by mykey-
Replied by mykey- on topic Re: my comp horn

Thawach wrote:

mykey- wrote:

Thawach wrote: @ joe i still be waiting this box to build, hope that one day will build. my friend select tha comp horn when i showed the plan to him.

don't build it. It won't work.

hi mykey,u can tell me? why won't work.

First tell us why you think it will work?

More
11 years 6 months ago #19002 by mykey-
Replied by mykey- on topic Re: my comp horn

Thawach wrote:

mykey- wrote:

Thawach wrote: hi all dont know where to post on here. i have a new design. i was finish this design last week. the box are buildind now and close to finish. this the model pics. if it finish ill post the pics again smiley36

This design could be far more efficient. I would say slow down on your designs. Concentrate on getting the best performance out of one design. SLOW down.

the design i don't want to reach down too low freq because its cheap drv and seems be short x-max.
so that may be damage my drv.so that my design seems be high output in some freq. this design i tune about 1 octave and think that will be ok. if i reach down to low freq. sometime the box will bigger than i want. i think i want the medium size more than. ;)

:ohmy: so what if this cab ends up in the wrong hands and they don't cross it over correctly?

Design is wrong for a low travel driver. Space is too big.

• Thawach
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #19005 by Thawach

mykey- wrote:

Thawach wrote:

mykey- wrote:

Thawach wrote: @ joe i still be waiting this box to build, hope that one day will build. my friend select tha comp horn when i showed the plan to him.

don't build it. It won't work.

hi mykey,u can tell me? why won't work.

First tell us why you think it will work?

this plan i posted on here about 6 months ago. i don't worry about u said "won't work" but i worry about i can measure the path length correctly ?

www.diyaudio.com/forums/subwoofers/17802...-awesomeness-65.html
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by Thawach.

• Thawach
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 6 months ago #19006 by Thawach

mykey- wrote:

Thawach wrote:

mykey- wrote:

the design i don't want to reach down too low freq because its cheap drv and seems be short x-max.
so that may be damage my drv.so that my design seems be high output in some freq. this design i tune about 1 octave and think that will be ok. if i reach down to low freq. sometime the box will bigger than i want. i think i want the medium size more than. ;)

:ohmy: so what if this cab ends up in the wrong hands and they don't cross it over correctly?

Design is wrong for a low travel driver. Space is too big.

wow the wrong for low travel. i tuned above fs about 9 hz. the efficient in low more than vented cab about 6 db seem be often do. this cab i design like bp but port horn. the space isn't problem with this cab. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: charliemix

Time to create page: 0.415 seconds