Help turn these hr plots into Cabinets

• MAutopsy
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
13 years 2 months ago #11130 by MAutopsy
Help turn these hr plots into Cabinets was created by MAutopsy
I have a tapped horn input and plot and was wondering if someone could help me turn these into cabs, or at last point me in the right direction. The driver is a Dayton 18", Availiable at parts express for under $150. Thanks for any help or critisism you could offer
Mike
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #11139 by Xoc1
Replied by Xoc1 on topic Help turn these hr plots into Cabinets
Nice looking frequency response but usually a 2pi sim would be more realistic.
First issue is with the size of the cabinet. 826 litres is BIG. Regardless of the driver cost, that is a lot of sheets of timber! I hope you were not thinking of moving this cabinet around much.
If you were thinking of moving this around you might want to concider compromising on the efficiency, or bass extension, to reduce the size.
Second issue is the final mouth length (L45) is short, given that the driver is nearly 460 wide, and usually you need to add at least one thickness of timber to that that, gives a final dimension of at least 25cm. 15cm might be achievable if the mouth takes a a final extra bend near the driver.

• MAutopsy
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
13 years 2 months ago #11140 by MAutopsy
Replied by MAutopsy on topic Help turn these hr plots into Cabinets
thanks martin, now that im looking at it, it is rather large. This is my first attempt at trying to draw a physical cab from the numbers

More
13 years 2 months ago #11149 by bee
Replied by bee on topic Help turn these hr plots into Cabinets
i allways start with how big i want the exit of the horn and how big i want the entry to the horn, then length is relitive to how you want the folds to be..... i agree to siming in 2pi as well. good luck with your project. smiley20

• MAutopsy
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
13 years 2 months ago #11152 by MAutopsy
Replied by MAutopsy on topic Help turn these hr plots into Cabinets
I dont have any kind of cad program, so i have to figure it all out on paper. But it's rather large, bigger than i was hoping for, an as i lower the total volume, i am losing low end. I will have to re think this. This was made usingthe easyhorn spreadsheet.

Oh and i resimmed in 2 pi :thumbup: still looks pretty good.

More
13 years 2 months ago #11160 by bee
Replied by bee on topic Help turn these hr plots into Cabinets
if you work out the type of horn u want and size of speaker box you want first. The other measurments all relate to the size of the cabinet.

Time to create page: 0.192 seconds