ASS Crossover wanted/info

• djgorey
  • Topic Author
More
15 years 6 months ago #4769 by djgorey
ASS Crossover wanted/info was created by djgorey
I'm picking up my ASS SP3, SP5 and SP9 on Thursday and it's been mentioned that ASS do/did a crossover for the spektra range. I was wondering if anybody has one or has any information about it.

I'm using a dbx 223XL at the moment so it's not desperate, but I am definitely interested in finding out about it.

Thanks [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

You only need two tools in this world - Gaffa Tape and WD40!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 6 months ago #4776 by tony.a.s.s.
Replied by tony.a.s.s. on topic ASS Crossover wanted/info
I still have some knocking around. It's analogue, 2 way with over lap on the bass. X/o variation from 45 to 150 hz. level controls on bass and top. phase shift control. Mono\stereo buttons for bass and full range. I had these made before cheap digitals came out with the idea that you could cross over from the bass and then go full range into your top box. There's also a button in the full range section that will roll off from 60hz down. This is for when a bass cab is used and your don't want the bass speaker in your top cab trying to escape from the box.

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

More
15 years 5 months ago #4850 by tony.a.s.s.
This photo is of the x\o I was talking about in the thread above. I've only just discovered it.( I thought I had deleted it). I believe I have 3 or 4 and will sell them all. Price is £180.00. ea.
[img

• djgorey
  • Topic Author
More
15 years 5 months ago #4852 by djgorey
Replied by djgorey on topic ASS Crossover wanted/info
Does the mono feature sum the signals for eachof the mid/hi and bass? Also, I can't quite see it, but what is the second dial from the left (next to the frequency dial)?Edited by: djgorey

You only need two tools in this world - Gaffa Tape and WD40!

More
15 years 5 months ago #4856 by tony.a.s.s.
The second dial on the left is a phase control. Depending on the relationship between your bass cab and your top, this control optimises the performance according to to distance from the bass to the top and allignement of the components. Bass mono is is for both channels as is the mono full range.
When you look at this x\o you must see your system as full range with added subs. That is what the overlap facility is all about. The lights that you see are not level indicators, but mono bass and mono full range and power. Hope thats cleared up a few things.

Time to create page: 0.214 seconds