Avolites azure LX desk...

• ginger_biscuit69
  • Topic Author
More
15 years 10 months ago #2162 by ginger_biscuit69
Avolites azure LX desk... was created by ginger_biscuit69
azure 2000 or shadow desk, must be in good condition and flightcased. anyone got an industry contact? Ta, pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 10 months ago #2174 by calsystems
Replied by calsystems on topic Avolites azure LX desk...
how much do you want to pay?

More
15 years 10 months ago #2177 by chaudio
Replied by chaudio on topic Avolites azure LX desk...
You don't want one of those!

You want one of these ! Laptop + PCWing = a so much better lighting desk than the Azure. Which you have to carry a screen for anyway. Norty will confirm this.

• ginger_biscuit69
  • Topic Author
More
15 years 10 months ago #2183 by ginger_biscuit69
Replied by ginger_biscuit69 on topic Avolites azure LX desk...
ill spend what it has to cost within reason. i want a desk known in the industry, not some chinese product.

these magicQ desks ... how much are they, where do they come from...? they look cool but i dont know how reliable they would be, and if they are a stable company.

More
15 years 10 months ago #2185 by chaudio
MagicQ's are designed and built in Southampton. Although they haven't taken off yet in the UK, they are becoming really popular in europe and a major rental company in the US has just bought over 100 of them in one order.

In terms of reliability, the consoles themselves run on Linux so very stable. On a laptop you can choose between any operating system you like!

You need a demo!

• ginger_biscuit69
  • Topic Author
More
15 years 10 months ago #2186 by ginger_biscuit69
Replied by ginger_biscuit69 on topic Avolites azure LX desk...
i see your from southampton..... do you know anyone who uses them/the actual company? a demo would be cool if i could get one.

the touchscreen looks very functional, and desk in all looks like a very nice tidy package.

know who deals them? a guide price list would be very useful indeed!

More
15 years 10 months ago #2198 by csg
Replied by csg on topic Avolites azure LX desk...
im using one right now, mine infact. best desk ive used by far for less than 14 grand, and in my line of work ive pretty much used the lot ( ma lighting grand ma, hog 2, 3, compulite vector,,,,,)

avo has its strenghts in that they were/are industry standard, and are quite buskable, but they are finding it increasingly hard work in this age of led and video interfacing, so certainly not future proof. I wold not considder buying a pearl based desk at this stage in the game.

so, unless you have the money for a grand ma etc, my advice as a pro lampie and desk opp is to go down the chamsys route as i think they will be a very common sight in touring, clubs and tv before very long, and for very good reason.

More
15 years 10 months ago #2371 by norty303
Replied by norty303 on topic Avolites azure LX desk...
Yep, another one for the MAgicQ here. I would only consider using the PC wing or Maxi wing really though, the mini wing doesn't have the jog wheels.

If you check out Owentecs sellout on SP for sale section he's got a PC wing and 15" touch screen that you'd get for about a grand, and a PC too but I prefer to use a laptop for the portability. The nice thing about a 15" screen over a larger one is that the playbacks onscreen line up exactly with the physical playbacks on the desk. My Elo touch sits perfectly over the top of thewing making it seem like a full desk.

A wing and touch screen gives you pretty much everything he has there, bar a few of the playbacks, but for your rig its more than enough.

If you are concerned about how well known they are, usability, etc just do a search of the blueroom for magicq.

Whilst your at it, take a look at their forums too

www.chamsys.be/forum/index.php

www.chamsys.net/index.php

Run by distributors rather than chamsys themselves but i believe they endorse them.

More
15 years 10 months ago #2373 by chaudio
I must admit to a slight bias towards the MagicQ due to knowing the designers and having worked for them now and again. Before the build of the PCWings was farmed out to a manufacturing company, I built about 75-100 of them in my lounge! There is always a chance that the one that Owentec is selling is one of mine, depending on age!

In the UK you can buy them direct from Chamsys themselves.

If it helps, the Phoenix theatre in Exeter has one and the house tech is one of my mates, that's a bit closer to your current location.

Oh and it's so straightforward that even sound engineers can get their head round it!

Time to create page: 0.241 seconds