jbl 2445 8 ohm diaphragm please!

• james, ind.st
  • Topic Author
More
15 years 10 months ago #1632 by james, ind.st
jbl 2445 8 ohm diaphragm please! was created by james, ind.st
apparently the same as the 2441 diaphragm, certainly what i'm basing my efforts on. 16 ohm considered, but really i'd like an 8. aftermarket ones make very attractive ashtrays, however they don't make for very nice hf and must be forthwith expunged from all systems.

james.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 10 months ago #1633 by calsystems
Replied by calsystems on topic jbl 2445 8 ohm diaphragm please!
have you tried the Radian diaphrams?

• james, ind.st
  • Topic Author
More
15 years 10 months ago #1637 by james, ind.st
Replied by james, ind.st on topic jbl 2445 8 ohm diaphragm please!

CalSystems wrote: have you tried the Radian diaphrams?

i have one aftermarket 16 ohm and one genuine 16 ohm in the 2441s in my modular pa, i'm not sure who it's made by though. radian make some extremely varied stuff and to be honest i'd not had encouraging reports about their jbl pattern parts. oddly enough, they do a 1.4" with a mylar surround which i absolutely love to bits and own four of, but maybe they were a lucky one?

so yeah, i already have another genuine 8 ohm in a random 2445, if i get a pair to that and put them in the modular pa then i can use the genuine 16 in a one-off super-offensive dj monitor project. i have a 6 ohm phl 15" and i thought the difference in impedance will help me tame the response of the top end to meet the bass with less severe padding on the comp. cunning eh? this means i only need to buy one to keep things paired, i'd really rather have two genuines than one proper job and one good copy because even if the radians are good, they won't sound identical and will mess up my stereo imaging.

i know you're a modular man, but you have the gauss comps don't you?

oh yeah, and if you love modular, check out f2. similar sound only more refined mid and top, the boxes fit in your van sensibly and it goes louder too. only gripe is i miss the 90 degree horizontal dispersion of the phili/bi-radial combo and can't afford more f2 tops to equal it... that and f2 is stupidly heavy, but it isn't like, opus heavy... [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

james.

More
15 years 10 months ago #1639 by calsystems
Replied by calsystems on topic jbl 2445 8 ohm diaphragm please!
I have Ladyshaves! more refined than the Philli, to my ears. Lighter and not too bad for van pack. Currently have renkus Heinz top end. But picked up 4 x 1" radian Drivers the other day. Going to use them once i found some nice horns.
Could be worth finding someone who can get a good price from JBL! for a diaphram.

Time to create page: 0.233 seconds