Crossovers.

• tony.a.s.s.
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 9 months ago #14655 by tony.a.s.s.
Crossovers. was created by tony.a.s.s.
I need two 1U crossovers to enable me to run 5 way stereo. I like BSS units because of the diplay.

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #14657 by bee
Replied by bee on topic Crossovers.
tony have you looked at the bss FDS-366T OMNIDRIVE COMPACT plus, it runs 3 way stereo...... you could run this unit 2 way, 1 for subs the 2nd out put run into your current bss............ you could then use the spare out put on the fds for monitors or delay stacks etc........

• tony.a.s.s.
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 9 months ago #14658 by tony.a.s.s.
Replied by tony.a.s.s. on topic Crossovers.
Hi Ben, the main situation I'm faced with is that I need a simple left and right input solution. What I have at the moment is my Omnidrive 388 run 4 way stereo. I added tweeters but cannot tie them in the tops because it's co-axil, and already has a hi pass filter dividing the two sections of the driver. I didn't want to connect another section with yet another hi pass filter in it. So, I ended up splitting the source signal and feeding my omnidrive and my spektra x/o.The Spektra is used purly to give me a separate level control over the Tweeters. In the end I have one signal going through the mixer and graphic and then through my B.A.S.E. unit into the 388. The other signal can only go to the Spektra unit and then to the separate amp. To get the B.A.S.E. unit to be most effective I need everything including the tweeters to go through it. Thats why I need for e.g. 2 355's one left, one right, run 5 way.
If i'm missing something I would be pleased if someone would enlighten me.

• tony.a.s.s.
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 9 months ago #14659 by tony.a.s.s.
I won the 355 on E-Bay and I know where my second one is coming from. So far so good.

More
12 years 9 months ago #14660 by bee
i think i was bidding against you tony for that unit, i was using my wifes account... lol, Running your system that way seems the best option to me.

• tony.a.s.s.
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 9 months ago #14662 by tony.a.s.s.
Hi Ben, I was using my Daughters. I will be getting both looked at and serviced by a guy from Harman. Then I'll be ready to roll. I'm also getting my 388 serviced and that will go up for sale.

More
12 years 9 months ago #14664 by saul
Replied by saul on topic Crossovers.
so if you were to do this with one single piece of equipment

2 in, 8 out?

mono sub, mono bass, stereo mids, stereo tops, stereo bullets?

or you look for a 10 out, so you can stereo everything.

More
12 years 8 months ago #14667 by bee

Tony.A.S.S. wrote: Hi Ben, I was using my Daughters. I will be getting both looked at and serviced by a guy from Harman. Then I'll be ready to roll. I'm also getting my 388 serviced and that will go up for sale.

lol, i may be interested in your 388........ depending on money..........

• tony.a.s.s.
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 8 months ago #14671 by tony.a.s.s.
Saul, the R2U system will now be run by two 5 way x/o's. It means that the whole system will conventional and pass through all other equipment as simple left and right. Most importantly for me, the tweeters will included in the B.A.S.E. unit. Just as a matter of interest, and to be clear. The problem I had was that the additional tweeters were outside of the 4 way stereo system. They couldn't be hooked up to anything. This meant that the tweeters didn't pass through the B.A.S.E. unit. This unit depends on all the upper frequencies to be effective. Anyway, shortly, everything will be in place.

Time to create page: 0.266 seconds