B and C speakers.

• tony.a.s.s.
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 8 months ago #14906 by tony.a.s.s.
B and C speakers. was created by tony.a.s.s.
This is a just a reminder that I can supply any B and C speaker at unbeatable prices, just get in touch with your requirement for a quote.

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #14917 by bryan
Replied by bryan on topic B and C speakers.
Hi, i am looking for a 12 inch B&C speaker for a two way cabinet more in the line of a high power monitor, now the cabinet will be loaded with a 400 watts jbl passive crossover to narrow down specs i need a 12inch with at least 350-400 watts total power handling, 40hz-4000khz frequency response,3 inch voice coil and efficient. And shipping cost to 33178 medley florida thanks.

• tony.a.s.s.
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 8 months ago #14929 by tony.a.s.s.
Replied by tony.a.s.s. on topic B and C speakers.
Hi Bryan, First of all, B and C have there own distribution in the States. However, there is no problem sending speakers anywhere> The range you require is not available on many speakers. If I can assume it will be a 12 and a horn/compression driver, you would only want to go to around 1200 to 1500hz for the x/o point. One thing that becomes important with a monitor and that is dispersion. I mention the lower points because at around 1000 hz, a 12"speaker begins to beam and it separate from the horn. What you really need is for the horn to take over before this happens. A little bit either way doesn't seem to matter.
Two speakers I would recommend. One Ceramic and the other Neo. The Ceramic is the 15PLB76. 3" coil and 100.db. The second is the 15NW76. 3" coil and 100.5db efficiency. power handling is 400 and 600 watts respectively.
I will now PM you the prices.

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

More
12 years 8 months ago #14993 by bryan
Replied by bryan on topic B and C speakers.

Tony.A.S.S. wrote: Hi Bryan, First of all, B and C have there own distribution in the States. However, there is no problem sending speakers anywhere> The range you require is not available on many speakers. If I can assume it will be a 12 and a horn/compression driver, you would only want to go to around 1200 to 1500hz for the x/o point. One thing that becomes important with a monitor and that is dispersion. I mention the lower points because at around 1000 hz, a 12"speaker begins to beam and it separate from the horn. What you really need is for the horn to take over before this happens. A little bit either way doesn't seem to matter.
Two speakers I would recommend. One Ceramic and the other Neo. The Ceramic is the 15PLB76. 3" coil and 100.db. The second is the 15NW76. 3" coil and 100.5db efficiency. power handling is 400 and 600 watts respectively.
I will now PM you the prices.

Hi Tony A.S.S, sorry for the late reply, but in regards to the B&C speakers the reason why i wanted to go 12 inch was mainly because of the ease of portability i want a monitor that can be easily carried around here and there small,efficient and light weight, but i am contemplating on using a celestion 1750 compression horn driver with a No bell horn flare together with a 12 inch speaker driver(B&C) , the crossover is a Jbl mrx 512 passive crossover handling about 350 to 400 watts, the 12inch speaker will be going all the way up to 1.800 HZ at the set crossover point and then the horn driver will be going down to 1.800HZ to meet the cut off frequency of the speaker at the lower x/o point but i really wanted to go 12 inch because the size would be smaller than a 15inch enclosure it would've been ideal for the purpose.

Thanks bryan.

Time to create page: 0.183 seconds