4 way stereo crossovers

• deadbeat
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
15 years 6 months ago #4421 by deadbeat
4 way stereo crossovers was created by deadbeat
I've got a few questions for the general reader about some crossovers I haven't used for extended periods of time and so don't know much about.

Does anyone have any experience or info on:

TOA Saori
Yamaha D2040

Edit:

The EMO/Court GE series has always been one of my favourite ranges of graphic EQs - does anyone know about the new PBQs?

Edited by: Deadbeat

Beranek\'s law
\'bits of ply round a driver\'

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 6 months ago #4437 by tony.a.s.s.
Replied by tony.a.s.s. on topic 4 way stereo crossovers
I've got a Saori, but I'm not sure whether I've got any info on them. What do you need to know?
I've also got court graphic, made by EMO. That and the KT DN27 were the only ones to have a few years ago.

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

• deadbeat
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
15 years 6 months ago #4438 by deadbeat
Replied by deadbeat on topic 4 way stereo crossovers

Tony.A.S.S. wrote: I've got a Saori, but I'm not sure whether I've got any info on them. What do you need to know?

I've also got court graphic, made by EMO. That and the KT DN27 were the only ones to have a few years ago.

I'm not exactly sure - how does it compare to modern offerings in terms of 4 way stereo LMS? I had one in my house a while back. It sort of sat there, I plugged it in, but didn't have enough time/didn't bother to figure out all the functions - but the place it went to said it was a brilliant piece of kit. How is it in terms of functionality compared to modern offerings like the FDS-388, DR4800, etc?

EDIT: Fully agree about the GEQs. Double DN27 is superior to single DN360.
Edited by: Deadbeat

Beranek\'s law

More
15 years 6 months ago #4439 by tony.a.s.s.
Replied by tony.a.s.s. on topic 4 way stereo crossovers
The X/O points are variable as are the slopes, the delays are not as long as Omnidrives. It has a full 1\3 octave graphic. Sound is as good as anything sold today. I've had mine for years. SSE use to use them. The gain structure may be an issue, but not that much, other wise they would not have been used in the professional circuit.

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

• deadbeat
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
15 years 6 months ago #4441 by deadbeat
Replied by deadbeat on topic 4 way stereo crossovers

Tony.A.S.S. wrote: The X/O points are variable as are the slopes, the delays are not as long as Omnidrives. It has a full 1\3 octave graphic. Sound is as good as anything sold today. I've had mine for years. SSE use to use them. The gain structure may be an issue, but not that much, other wise they would not have been used in the professional circuit.

Thanks. I've seen one for a decent price and was wondering whether it was worth it.

Beranek\'s law

Time to create page: 0.226 seconds