Crossover sound quality - Analogue vs Digital

More
13 years 5 months ago #10286 by saul

bee wrote: did i hear some where that the ffa amps circuits are a copy of the barracuda's........... dont quote me.....

smiley36

sorry i had to

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• levyte357
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
13 years 5 months ago #10299 by levyte357
Replied by levyte357 on topic Crossover sound quality - Analogue vs Digital

mykey- wrote: it was 6 scoops lev, fane colosuss (400 watt) drivers

Easily spanked off 13A then...

Different story if was 5"VC...

\"When in Vegas, do as the vegasians do\".

More
13 years 5 months ago #10300 by mykey-

saul wrote:

mykey- wrote: that barracuda was awesome, switchemode as well, probably one of the first?

is this a wind up?

no, not at all, he was doing it light years ahead of anyone else, guy was very clever, and this was before you were born

Trev!! Join in

Barry used to build in a sign-less blacked out shop at the end of my road, where we both (trev) grew up

Tell you another quick story........many years ago, I was at a small company that is now Proel, they had just a very small cramped warehouse, Paolo the owner handed me a silver case, it was as light as a biscuit tin, it had a mains lead and a speaker out, he said watch this, he hooked it up to a bass cab, i was blown away, it was switchemode, he said a local black guy had brought it in to him, 1 year later the guy was having it large, Paolo had sent the amp to Italy and they bought the design, since then the guy gets royalties.............so, this is what i think has happened............... I think this South London guy has got the idea from Barry (barracuda amp), he then designs his own and it gets sent to Italy, over the years it spreads across Italy (Powersoft) and Europe (Camco) etc, and is now worldwide

OK, Barry must have got the idea from somewhere? or maybe not, but i bet he was one of the first to implement it into an amplifier

More
13 years 5 months ago #10301 by mykey-

saul wrote:

bee wrote: did i hear some where that the ffa amps circuits are a copy of the barracuda's........... dont quote me.....

smiley36

sorry i had to

if we had a family switchemode tree, you would probably be right smiley2

More
13 years 5 months ago #10316 by tre4u2nv
Replied by tre4u2nv on topic Crossover sound quality - Analogue vs Digital
barry was and still is a genius when it came to amp theory and processing theory if only he had the right kind of money chucked at him we would call hi the father or audio teckie shit his coponent count on some of his items were amazing while we were trying to do it he was trying to do it better and cheaper bacause back then nobody would pay the crazy money it would have cost for that technology first switch mode i ever saw from him early eightys and i mean early so he could well have been doing this before then
hes still around but doe not do audio no more smiley19 nicest guy as well great times in his lab in the cellar under the shop testing amps and speakers :clap: smiley34 smiley20
further down the same road you had a guy that used to make guitar amp also a valve wizard oh the memories

IT TAKES ALLSORTS

Time to create page: 0.192 seconds