labs, punishers or cubo's!

• tommspencer
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago #24041 by tommspencer
labs, punishers or cubo's! was created by tommspencer
I would first off like to this is my first post on this forum, but a massive thank you to all that have helped me out with my sound journey, can defiantly say that 90% of the queries i have had where answered on this site by someone at some point and has saved me more times that i could count, you guys are the best!

Sooo! at the moment im a bit stuck with what cabinets to build next for my system that i mainly use for psytrance party's.

At the moment im running:

- 4 tops that i built similar to the turbosond tse-111 (i used the flares from the 10"s on the tms 3 with fane cd-150's biamped) - i run the 10's 250hz-3.7khz and the comps from 3.7 to 18khz

- 6 bass cabinets that are the 2x15" section from the tms 3 that i chopped down - i run them 45-250hz

i have been looking into building either 4 lab horns, 4 punishers or 4 cubo subs but im really stuck for what to go with.
i do know that the labs dont sound the greatest unless they are in big stacks and are crazy heavy but i do like how low they play and i plan on building more in the near future if i do go with them. i have been looking into punishers heaps also and really like the look of them, i was wondering if anyone is running a system with them and could tell me how they go because i havent actually heard them before? do you think they would play down to 35hz's in a stack of 6 either side or just wont go that low?

thanks in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago #24045 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic labs, punishers or cubo's!
It surprises me that you want to go so low, considering you´re playing psytrance.

The Lab and Cubo Sub are both 30 Hz solutions, while the Punisher is strictly 40 Hz and up (in stacks) as far as I know. Both the Lab and Cubo Sub could be run 30 - 60 Hz, where you let the 2 x 15" take over, that should give a very balanced sound system.

Best regards Cubo

• tommspencer
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago #24048 by tommspencer
Replied by tommspencer on topic labs, punishers or cubo's!
thanks for your reply cubo! i know that i dont really have to go that low for psytrance but i want to be able to play that low for when the system is rented out to events playing various other types of edm. im thinking that the cubos are probably the best, heaps smaller than the labs to! what drivers would you suggest for the cubo sub?

More
6 years 8 months ago #24049 by Cubo15
The bigger, the better. You name a budget and what's available to Aussies such as yourself (I'm a bit unaware), then I name the top notch driver(s) in that price class and continent..

Also knowing what amplifier power you have available will help a lot.

Best regards Cubo

• tommspencer
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago #24050 by tommspencer
Replied by tommspencer on topic labs, punishers or cubo's!
awesome! really appreciate the help mate! i would prefer to spend less than $600 Australian on each driver, not to sure where your from but thats about 450$ us. I hope to run them off a crown xti 6002 or a xti 4002 that i have already. Im not to sure whats available but will probably get it off the internet anyway hopefully!

cheers :)

More
6 years 7 months ago #24057 by Cubo15
I'm from Europe, so I'm not sure if these are available to you but they are in Europe and the USA. In order of good to very good (for Cubo Sub):

www.usspeaker.com/B&C-18RBX100-1.htm
www.usspeaker.com/B&C-18nw100-1.htm
www.usspeaker.com/eighteensound-18LW1400-1.htm

www.usspeaker.com/B&C-18RBX100-1.htm
www.usspeaker.com/rcf%20-%20LF18X401-1.htm
www.usspeaker.com/B&C-18sw115-1.htm

You could run the 4 Ohm versions of the 1st three of each channel from the 4002. The 4 Ohm versions of the last three could run of each channel from the 6002.

Best regards Cubo

Time to create page: 0.218 seconds