file Community Spirit

15 years 9 months ago #1382 by simonr
Community Spirit was created by simonr
Hi Guys, just to say hello to all, and hope the good atmosphere that seems to be developing continues. I wanted to endorse anidea for a 'group buy' on drivers etc. Lets get a more pro-active CommunitySpirit going with cooperation between people with resources they are able to share. Anybody interested in a community workshop to build the latest plans?.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 9 months ago #1386 by giveortake
Replied by giveortake on topic Community Spirit
hey hey!

that's exactly it !

I am up for the workshop and can bring a Festool TS 55, and 3 8x4 ply sheets.

I am in west London, but can travel.

What is your philosophy of life or your creed ?
\"Have a good time, ALL THE TIME\"

Wisdom is better than silver and gold !

15 years 9 months ago #1388 by simonr
Replied by simonr on topic Community Spirit
Cheers GIVEorTAKE, community workshop is a serious proposition if enough people are interested. Already going with some 'free' thinkers. Dorset a bit far for you?.

15 years 9 months ago #1389 by calsystems
Replied by calsystems on topic Community Spirit
you need some one with a big farm/land, maybe a barn. and have a FSP holiday for a week or so. Ie speaker building, speaker testing, drink

15 years 9 months ago #1391 by simonr
Replied by simonr on topic Community Spirit
Hi CalSystems, no barn needed, workshop already running!.

15 years 9 months ago #1404 by chaudio
Replied by chaudio on topic Community Spirit
Hmm... I'm very interested in the availability of a workshop. Neighbours aren't keen on me doing my building on the driveway!

15 years 9 months ago #1407 by calsystems
Replied by calsystems on topic Community Spirit

chaudio wrote: Hmm... I'm very interested in the availability of a workshop. Neighbours aren't keen on me doing my building on the driveway!

your driveway! do what you want, surely.

15 years 9 months ago #1411 by chaudio
Replied by chaudio on topic Community Spirit
Well, when the dust from a 6hr sanding missing starts settling on their cars, they have a point! Plus it's a rented house so I have to be a bit careful.

Oh, and it's sloping so in all, a workshop would be better! I do have some access to one with a bench saw etc but it's hard to get much time in there when it's not in use.

15 years 9 months ago #1424 by tony.a.s.s.
Replied by tony.a.s.s. on topic Community Spirit
I started off in my garage, as most of us do, And my neighbor who was helpful in the beginning soon got fed up when he thought I might be making some money (strange idea). In due course I had a visit from the local council, so I quit the garage and got my first rented accommodation. It was the best thing that ever happened to me. Although in todays climate I wouldn't advise anyone to get into debt with a workshop just to build speakers.

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

15 years 9 months ago #1444 by minaximal
Replied by minaximal on topic Community Spirit

Tony.A.S.S. wrote: I started off in my garage, as most of us do, And my neighbor who was helpful in the beginning soon got fed up when he thought I might be making some money (strange idea). In due course I had a visit from the local council, so I quit the garage and got my first rented accommodation. It was the best thing that ever happened to me. Although in todays climate I wouldn't advise anyone to get into debt with a workshop just to build speakers.

thats why i got a massive boat, with engine[img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

@ceharden, you live in southampton? so get a dumb barge, and start building!

still minaximal