file UNLOADED BS600 PRICE GUIDE

12 years 10 months ago #13456 by luton_soundman
UNLOADED BS600 PRICE GUIDE was created by luton_soundman
Hi Tony, can you or anyone else help me, after a price guide. Friend of a friend has half of his rig for sale. It was believed to be custom built for a radio 1 gig a long time ago. looks like bs600's, bs1200's and custom hornloaded double mid tops with 2inch on a very big horn and a 1inch compression driver. 2inchs were still the original ass branded jbls when we opened them up smiley1 . the mid tops and double 15's have now been sold but need a rough price on the bs600's unloaded. Have included a few pictures. hope this helps.

cheers smiley20

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago #13464 by tony.a.s.s.
Replied by tony.a.s.s. on topic UNLOADED BS600 PRICE GUIDE
Hi Si, Can't really be of much use, I've never been in the second hand market. Of course, they are worth what someone is willing to pay, Having said that, I would think £200.00 would be the minimum. They look like they are still strong, and it would cost far more to try and build something like that. There will always be two types of people to sell to. some can't build cabs for some reason, and others can. The people who can't will sometimes pay the most money.

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

12 years 10 months ago #13465 by luton_soundman
Replied by luton_soundman on topic UNLOADED BS600 PRICE GUIDE
Cheers Tony, would that be minimum £200 per pair or each cab? they are still very solid and a sight of beauty! might post up some of the other pics and pics of the mid tops to see if they bring back any memories. I've never seen ass midtops like these ones.

12 years 10 months ago #13482 by tony.a.s.s.
EACH.

12 years 10 months ago #13504 by luton_soundman
cheers Tony, also do you remember these? (please excuse the dust!) need some information on the 2inch compression drivers as one needs a new diaphragm.

12 years 10 months ago #13550 by luton_soundman
Tony do you remember which model these 2inch compression drivers are?

12 years 10 months ago #13553 by tony.a.s.s.
They are JBL2446/16ohm.
When I look back on some of this stuff, I realize that I've forgotten a lot of stuff that was made. Things like these cabs would have been specially made for someone or for an install. They were never part of a range of speakers.

12 years 10 months ago #13554 by luton_soundman
Yeah i can imagine. going to get these back to their former glory smiley4

12 years 10 months ago #13565 by bee
Replied by bee on topic UNLOADED BS600 PRICE GUIDE
they look very nice........ post some more pics after you have refurbed them......

12 years 10 months ago #13570 by luton_soundman
will do, not sure when the paint will go on yet as we're breaking the bank trying to load them up before the end of this month. got some 10" neos on the way, need to replace one 2 inch or get new diaphragm, and for some reason the one inches had eminence comps in! so they'll need to come out smiley36 its bad enough we've got some in our other top boxes! :lol: :oops: but yeah they look stunning, the sight of the horn loaded 10's and the 2 big horns above... smiley27

Moderators: tony.a.s.s.