file ASS Microwave oven

14 years 2 months ago #7408 by heathrow_b_line
ASS Microwave oven was created by heathrow_b_line
Tony please please please can you build me a ASS Microwave to sit on top of my ASS fridge!

I need a matching pair! i bet the microwave would even get out and about loads more!

Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 2 months ago #7411 by bee

14 years 2 months ago #7414 by Street Sounds DJ
Replied by Street Sounds DJ on topic ASS Microwave oven
Ha ha ha I wanna see this fridge! Sounds like it has alot of history!

14 years 2 months ago #7415 by bee
Replied by bee on topic ASS Microwave oven
yeah hbl post a pic please pritty please with a cherry on top lol.

14 years 2 months ago #7429 by tony.a.s.s.
Replied by tony.a.s.s. on topic ASS Microwave oven
I should never have sold the fridge in the first place, but I was getting out of my factory, and at the time didn't know what would be doing in the future.
The fridge used to come with us on all the gigs. We used to stock up and wheel it in with the rest of the cases. It saved me a lot of money. Strangely enough, I never had one club owner or promoter complain about it. On the big gigs we kind of built a wall around us, we had a lot of control gear and a separate desk to run everything and everyone through. The punters used to think the fridge was novel. Anyway, enough about the dammed fridge.

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

14 years 2 months ago #7430 by tony.a.s.s.
Replied by tony.a.s.s. on topic ASS Microwave oven
Heathy, I could build you a case easy, but that's all it is. So, I reckon you should build it.
Another suggestion, You get the Microwave I'll sort the rest out, and I'll swap you the fridge. Moneywise, that's a good deal.

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

14 years 2 months ago #7432 by heathrow_b_line
Replied by heathrow_b_line on topic ASS Microwave oven
yes i have been looking for a suitable microwave oven as we speak. Need it to fit over the fridge and leave about 50mm of ventilation space all the way round i think. i will have a go but it might not end well as i have never made aflightcase before

need a way of holding the warming plate in transit too

will get my thinking head on

14 years 2 months ago #7434 by rockin..
Replied by rockin.. on topic ASS Microwave oven

Heathrow_B_Line wrote: i will have a go but it might not end well as i have never made aflightcase before

Hey flightcases are easy compared to making cabs which you've already done in the past smiley14

14 years 2 months ago #7449 by heathrow_b_line
Replied by heathrow_b_line on topic ASS Microwave oven
Speakers are quite easy i think but with flightcases you have the aluminium extrusion to cut and all the rebats for the handles etc

And handle placement is key

I think awhile back I saw either Swan flightcases or flightcase warehouse advertise a flat pack flightcase kit where all you had to do was rivet it all together. I could get one of those and put a few vents in and line it in foam.
would save me alot of time

14 years 2 months ago #7453 by bee
Replied by bee on topic ASS Microwave oven
The issue with making a pro look flight case is getting the wood. Most flight cases are 9mm ply but have a layer of laminate on one side. Where can this type of wood be brought, and secondly where do you get that slotting type edging from. I now Penn do it in the states but Who does it in the uk..... There is the option of paint on the outside of the flight case, but i would prefer the pro look....... (think mixer flight cases etc)....... smiley24